FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply on the following position.
Position: Finance Manager – Disbursement and cash/Treasury
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Duration of Contract: One-year contract (Renewable with 60 days probation period)
Salary: As per the salary scale of the organization
Closing date: October 8, 2021
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Finance Manager – Disbursement Cash/Treasury Management: – ensures consistent Cash Flows and timely disbursements.
It focuses on annual, quarterly and monthly Cash Forecast, weekly Cash Flows, Cash Collections, daily payments and transfers to creditors or suppliers, staffs, government obligations (Income tax, withholding tax, Pension Contributions, VAT claims tracking, etc) accurately and in a timely manner. It includes Cash Management for cash planning, monitoring, controlling, bank accounts management and reconciliations and record keeping.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Finance Manager – Disbursement and Cash/Treasury Management reports hierarchically to the Senior Finance Manager
The position has a supervisory responsibility on Deputy Finance Manager –Disbursement Cash/Treasury Management, Senior Finance Officers & Finance Officers
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Result Area #1- Financial Management and Compliance
1. Ensure that review of payment transactions is made according to FH internal policies and procedures, donor requirements and condition, government statutory standard, FH delegation of authority and other applicable standards
2. Ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the disbursement process all the time and take the necessary action on business process based on findings
3. Review payroll and related transaction according to FH policies and labor law of the land and ensure timely disbursement of monthly staff salaries, end of service payments, PF deposit to the employees respective saving account and other legal obligations
4. Review adjusting, correcting, reclassification and other amendment journals in accordance with GAAP, FH policies and IPSAS requirements
5. Responsible for withholding of government taxes (withholding and income taxes), pension contribution, cost share and other deductions according to the tax and other applicable government regulations and ensure timely remittance to the concerned authority
6. Ensure staff provident fund and severance accrual are made in alignment with FHE policy provision
7. Ensure the submission of monthly VAT refund claims to USAID and follow up with ERCA for getting timely refund. Ensure the maintenance of VAT claim tracker and get monthly update regarding the claim, refund and rejection so as to give the same updates to the respective directors for timely action
8. Ensure Interco transactions are supported with proper documentation and journalized and reconciled monthly
9. Ensure that monthly Income accrual journals are journalized and posted for deferred revenues
10. Ensure that vehicle clearance journal is made quarterly and at the closing of the project
11. Review and approve cash disbursement, journal entries and deposit journals and ensure accuracy of transaction coding as per FH Ethiopia chart of account and delegation of authority (DOA)
12. Ensure all applicable internal control structures in relation to disbursement are in placed in FH Ethiopia HO and project offices
13. Ensure and Process fund releases to different FH Ethiopia project offices and sub recipients
Key Result Area #2 – Financial Reporting (Internal and External)
1. Ensure that HO transactions are posed on MS Dynamics on a weekly basis
2. Ensure the review, upload and posting of monthly Cash Flow journals into MS Dynamics before monthly deadlines.
3. Ensure that revision of budget forecast is done quarterly based on the actual spending of projects budget
4. Ensure the availability of funds for the country Office and project offices at all times for smooth cash flow and provides Cash Flow wires confirmation to HQ upon receiving of funds
5. Ensure cash flow forecast for Country office is done accurately based on cash need and considering ending bank balances of the month
6. Produce quarterly budget monitoring summary reports, assists programs in budget reforecasting exercises, in reviewing the reports, variance analysis and explanations
7. Enforce FH Finance policy on program advances, Sub grantee advances and credit terms and ensure appropriate system is in placed to track and monitor outstanding advances and subsequent clearance
8. Ensure smooth and regular contact is established with local bank management on operational matters and other daily routines
9. Keep track of monthly exchange rate and introduce to MS Dynamics
10. Ensure monthly bank reconciliations are done for all HO bank accounts both manually and through MS Dynamics
11. Work closely with reporting team to ensure aging analysis of balance sheet accounts reflect accurate balances and oversee the accounts to maintain normal and realistic balances
12. Ensure timely amortization, clearance and expensing of HO prepayment accounts like insurance, office rent, coupon, spare part and etc.
13. Provide technical support for field office finance staff on accounting treatments and different accounting forms
14. Coordinate with reporting team on execution of month end activities
15. Coordinate with reporting team in year-end closing activities and ensure that accruals, inventories (commodities and spare parts) and etc. are made according to FH standards and local requirements before the book is closed
Key Result Area #3 – Internal Controls and Audit Support
1. Ensure all types of policies, procedures, contract terms and conditions, donor regulatory requirements, government statutory requirements are maintained and updates are communicated on time to all relevant staffs
2. Ensure proper documentation, appropriate numbering, labeling and paid stamp are done in tact for the smooth tracking of all documents to all internal and external users
3. Communicate updates as needed on FHE’s accounting policies, procedures, and controls to finance and non-finance employees
4. Engage and collaborate with internal and external auditors for annual statutory audit, grant audit and any special investigation programs
5. Ensure fraudulent activities are carefully watched, reported and necessary evidences are gathered and reported for fraud mitigation
Key Result Area #4 – Leadership and Staff Management
1. Accountable for excessive cashes at FH Ethiopia bank accounts and cash shortfall for program operations
2. Conduct regular and unscheduled/surprise cash counts and timely report any discrepancies
3. Ensure that regular fuel coupon count and reconciliations are done
4. Ensure timely clearance of cheque issued to vendors and other beneficiaries and report on long outstanding uncollected cheque.
5. Ensure timely collection of cash and cheque which is prepared for FH Ethiopia
6. Ensure timely reconciliation of debtors and creditors accounts (staff advance, contractors and donor advances, retentions and etc.) and report on long outstanding balances on a timely manner
7. Follow up on clearance of transfers to financial institutions for e-payments and other money transfer
8. Support subordinates to set goals, provide guidance or direction in execution, periodically evaluate the performance based on the indicators and give timely feedback
9. Provide coaching and mentoring to ensure that staff is motivated, has good relations with colleagues and are held accountable
10. Identify capacity development needs for staff under supervision, plan and seek the necessary and affordable programs to enhance staff technical capacity
11. Conduct periodic meeting with staff under his/her direct supervision to share information, exchange updates and to discuss on issues and concerns
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a degree in Accounting and finance, Business Administration or related field from a recognized and certified institution or university. Having CPA, ACCA or Master degree in Business Administration has an added value
- 5 years’ experience in a similar or senior finance position with an International NGO.
- Practical experience in using a wide range of accounting software including MS Dynamics 5.03.1, Q&A Executive on hand and fluent operation level.
- Proven experience in treasury activities, establishment and monitoring of budgets, internal control, policies and procedures
- Proven expertise with USAID/UN/OFDA rules and regulation on Procurement and Financial Management
- Must have a proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and IPSAS
- Is interested in the growth and well-being of the staff and Strong people-management and leadership skills
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and mentor staff and create a positive team environment and has team building skills
- Demonstrated ability in analyzing financial documents, projections, expenditures, and accruals.
- Proficiency in MS Dynamics, MS-Word and MS-Excel and other applications
- Must have good oral and written communication
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- 2nd grade driving license
- Proficiency in spoken and written English language.
How to Apply
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Competent candidates can submit ONLY their application and CV to: email@example.com
Candidates MUST refer the position title on the subject line of their application