Internal and External Vacancy Announcement
Union of Ethiopian Women and Children Associations (UEWCA) is non-governmental, apolitical, non-religious consortium of 80 women; children and girls focused CSOs that are engaging on empowerment and gender equality in all regional states and city administrations of the country. It is established in 2010 as a platform to voice the voice of its members and beneficiaries as well as capacitate and coordinate the efforts of its member CSOs towards women, girls and children empowerment; and realization of gender equality.
Currently, UEWCA is implementing different projects focused on addressing Social Accountability, Climate Change, Gender Responsive Budgeting, and Modern Slavery, Women Voice & Leadership issues with the fund obtained from VNG-International/ESAP, FEMENT, Farm Africa, Un Women, Action Aid, Plan International and OXFAM.
To Manage and Supervise UEWCA’s Financial and Human Resources, Property and Procurement Procedures , and General Administration in line with the organization’s management policies & Minutes/Memorandum of Understanding MOU.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in planning, developing, implementing and documenting standard Financial, Human Resource and property policies and systems management;
- Ensures financial, human resources and property management policies and procedures and systems are aligned to the strategic plan of UEWCA and properly implemented and regularly updated;
- Co-ordinates capacity building and training need assessment and staffing;
- Designs and uses sound internal control system to safe guard assets, records and document of the organization;
- Ensures that Gender Responsiveness & Inclusiveness is adequately treated;
- Ensures timely preparation of budgets, financial statements and reports of projects & the organization;
- Identifies department and members financial management training needs throughout all UEWCA programs and delivers customized trainings to address the identified needs;
- Liaise with internal and external Auditors, Donors and Members and respond to queries , observations and recommendations ;
- Prepares and updates procurement schedules for materials and services requested by the various units/programs of the organization;
- Handles employee grievances, disciplinary issues and other administrative problem according to UEWCA’s policies and procedures;
- Ensures that the organization financial systems and documents are in compliance with laws, policies, standards and regulations and with generally accepted accounting principles and practices;
- Reviews donor and UEWCA’s sub grant contracts to ensure that budgets are in line with donor agreement & requirements and UEWCA’s standard of financial operations;
- Ensure local statutory compliance in regards to labor law, income tax, NGO registration and other legal issues;
- Provides advice and information to Executive Director on Finance, Human Resource & Property Administration and Management issues, Finance, labor laws and other regulations;
- Regularly monitor and ensure that projects and overhead spending are in line with approved budget, give early warning to the respective concerned body where there is significant deviation from the budget;
- Produces Monthly, Quarterly ,Biannual & Annual performance reports to Executive Director;
- Prepares quarterly, biannual & annual financial report to be submitted to Executive Director, Board of Directors & Donors for monitoring, follow-up & decision making purposes.
Required Candidate: One
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Executive Director
Terms of Employment: One year with a possibility of extension.
- MBA/BA Degree in Accounting, Management, Business Administration or related fields.
- 8/10 years work experience for MBA/BA holders respectively, out of which 5 years in leadership position.
C) Technical and other skills
- Excellent and proven experience on strategic planning financial, property and human resource department;
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and decision making skills;
- Computer proficiency (word processing, spreadsheets and databases), Peachtree accounting system;
- Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others, strategic as well as teamwork others;
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants who fulfill the above mentioned requirements could submit cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae along with supporting documents/credentials in person within five working days of this announcement to the following address.
Union of Ethiopian Women and Children Associations (UEWCA)
Tel:-0116-36-81-51 Office location:-Yeka Sub –City Worda,08
Around:-Yeka Sub-City Chefe Health Center Near to Magic Carpet School
Email Application is not acceptable.