Health Poverty Action (HPA) is a UK based international development organization with a mission of supporting the poorest and most vulnerable people to achieve better health and wellbeing in their effort. Established in 1984, HPA currently operates in 13 countries including Ethiopia.
HPA has been operational in Ethiopia since 2006, primarily with semi-nomadic pastoralists, and has implemented various SRHR, MNCH, TB, NCDs and other health and women empowerment projects that support communities in South Omo Zone of the Southern Nations, Nationalities and People’s Region (SNNPR), in lowland districts of Bale, Oromia Region and in Liben Zone of the Ethiopian Somali Region and other selected hospitals and health centres in Addis Ababa and 6 regional states. Currently, we are preparing to implement COVID-19 testing and other women empowerment project in the Zone 3 of Afar regional state with field office in Awash 7 Killo. For more information about our organisation please visit our website: www.healthpovertyaction.org
HPA wants to recruit for the following vacant position:
Finance & Administration Coordinator
The Finance and Administration Coordinator will ensure HPA/HL’s financial and administrative policies, systems, processes and procedures are implemented and developed. The Finance and Administration Coordinator will report to the Country Manager. The position is based in Addis Ababa with frequent travels to areas where HPA has operations.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that country set up adhere to HPA policies, donor and auditor requirements.
- Implement HPA’s financial systems, routines and procedures.
- Management of financial & admin team.
- Provide regular analysis and reports.
- Lead on the monthly/regular booking of expenses to HPA’s financial software
- Closely monitor of level of expenditure and allocation of expenses to existing projects, providing monthly Budget versus Actual reports to be discussed with Country Manager.
- Ensure effective cash flows, preparing forecast of expenditures and submitting monthly cash requests to Head Office.
- Support on the elaboration of budget for new proposals, ensuring that budgeting tools are correctly used and ensuring support costs are properly budgeted.
- Lead on preparation and assistance on Internal and/or External Audits and other financial documentation revision from any external body.
Duration: The contract duration is one year with possibility of renewal depending on the availability of funds and performance. Please clearly indicate the name of the position and location that you’re applying in subject line of your email.
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- Strong experience working on a Senior finance role in a NGO context
- A minimum of BA degree in Accounting/ Business Management with more than 8 years practical experience preferably in International NGO setting with Multi donor organizations.
- Proven experience in Institutional Donor´s contracting & management
- Capacity of relationship with different actors (CM, donors, finance and program staff, partners, HQ)
- Capacity of supervision of the team
- Ability to prioritize work
- Ability to delegate responsibilities
- Problem solving attitude
- Ability to build/elaborate new budgets, annual financial plans, costs-sharing, etc.
- Knowledge of English as a working language, other language skills are an advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their CV and one page motivation letter by including their salary expectations and when you’ll be available only through email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org for seven consecutive working days starting from the first date of advertisement. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
Note: Use “Finance & Administration Coordinator (based in Addis Ababa)” as the subject title of your email!