Position Title: Finance & Admin Assistant
Portfolio: Integrated Program
Function: Integrated Field Implementation
Department: Regional Field Implementation
Reports to: Finance and Admin Coordinator
Based in: Ambo
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds.
Remuneration: As per the organization pay scale plus other PSI/Ethiopia staff benefits
Application Deadline: September 15, 2021
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a Finance & Admin Assistant to process, record, and monitor all liabilities and obligations of the organization and payments. The Finance & Admin Assistant performs professional accounting works, including analyzing and verifying the accuracy of documents and justifications and preparing monthly accounts reports. S/he prepares inventory reconciliation and regular physical count and reconciliation of stock. S/he is also responsible for data entry, all kinds of taxes, fixed assets, and documentation and filing. In addition, the Finance & Admin Assistant will prepare and submit monthly VAT claims to USAID/CDC that includes processing of VAT claims from PSI/Ethiopia and Sub grantees and supports, the Sub IFI in Admin, and office operation related tasks.
Sounds like you? Read on!
- Review and verify the accuracy and availability of adequate supporting documents and three ways matching of all documents and transactions related to external disbursement.
- Ensure compliance with PSI financial procedures, donor requirements, and local regulations.
- Facilitate timely settlement of obligations (utilities, dues, fees, and contractual obligation) within the due dates as per PSI standard and local policy.
- Prepare transaction documents (Vouchers) related to disbursement (PV, RV, & JV).
- Reconcile payments made to third parties and expected future commitment.
- Prepare monthly report for review by Senior Finance Officer.
- Follow up all pre-payment (Advances) made to third party, timely collection of refund if there is any and ensure the closure of the PO’s.
- Work closely with the concerned work units for the fulfillment of all relevant documents which are basic for the claim process.
- Liaison with the external, internal, and Global Internal Audit (GIA) auditors in answering audit queries on external payments and Implement audit recommendations in accounts payable.
- Prepare monthly withholding tax declaration and disburse tax timely as per ERCA requirement. Reconcile withholding tax ledger balance with withholding tax reported to ERCA. Ensure withholding tax receipt is issued to vendor and copy is attached for all withholding tax deductions. Ensure withholding tax settled to ERCA is supported by acknowledgment receipt.
- Record all VAT claims properly. Produce and Submit timely VAT claim reports for concerned organizations.
- Prepare monthly income tax declaration and disburse tax timely as per ERCA requirement. Reconcile income tax ledger balance with monthly payroll reported to ERCA. Ensure acknowledgment receipt is received and attached with all income tax settled to ERCA.
- Prepare accruals, adjusting and correcting entry when required in consultation with immediate supervisor.
- Participate in monthly, annual, and surprise inventory count at PSI/E warehouse and a key distributors branch office. Provide information for inventory audit and variance analysis for deviation.
- Follow up all fixed assets are properly recorded by Administration. Reconcile physical asset count with Asset registration sheet and report for final review of the supervisor.
- Follow up admin and office operation-related tasks, including human resource management.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields with two (2) years of demonstrated experience
What would get us excited?
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel spreadsheets, graphing, and chart function.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Well organized, analytical, and determined.
- Familiarity with Quick Books software is preferable.
- Familiarity with international donor-funded projects.
- Supports teamwork.
- Ability to work in a very busy environment and good in stress management.
How to Apply
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mark “Application for Finance & Admin Assistant Position” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline September 15, 2021. We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.