As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver integrated programs with target communities through its 51 Area programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. WVE envisions a thriving organization where our strong leadership at all levels results in improved delivery of results for children.
Purpose of the position:
The F&D Training and Knowledge Management Coordinator will serve as one of the technical specialists within the overall F&D operations. The position holder will be responsible for identifying training needs, coordinating and facilitating training to WVE staff and partners in selected program models. The role holder will be among the key functions in building WVE staff’s capacity in F&D models at different levels of the organization. The position holder is also responsible to lead and coordinate all aspects related to F&D’s knowledge management and partner engagement process for the purpose of scaling up and out.
The position holder is responsible to capture, collate, analyze, disseminate, and effectively utilize knowledge gained by the program through research, evaluations, action learning and co-learning activities to determine what does and does not work and present that to Key scaling stakeholders and church partners for wider uptake of program approaches.
· Under the supervision of F&D Technical Manager identify training needs, develop and/or adapt training modules/manuals and facilitate capacity-building training to WVE staff, stakeholders, community groups.
· Provide technical support to WVE TPs and field operation units as they plan F&D related activities in their programs and grant projects
· Facilitate and provide training on selected F&D core project models to AP and CPO staff as needs arise.
· Provide technical support to program staff during design, preparation of knowledge management and stakeholders engagement, data management, and analysis as well as on sharing lessons and good practices. Lead and coordinate knowledge sharing through the application of appropriate knowledge management tools.
· Develop technically viable approaches so as to engage key stakeholders such as church leaders and other FBO partners into WVE’s ministry through promotion and support of F&D-focused leadership development, engaging churches & FBOs into systemic F&D, advocacy, conflict prevention, and economic development activities.
· Accomplish any other activates as requested by the immediate supervisor
· MA or BA in Theology, Leadership, Sociology or Social Work, Statistics, Conflict studies, or other related field and at least 2 years for MA and 5 years for BA related experience working with Communities in an NGO context.
· Strong communication skills with demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity, and physical stamina
· Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Vision Statement
· Strong problem solving, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
· Ability to work with different partners such as religious leaders, local authorities, and CSOs, to develop and maintain positive relationships and demonstrable ability to work in and contribute to the team-building environment
· stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
· Ability to cope and deal with stress and work under stressful work conditions is a requirement
· Knowledgeable of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Working Environment / Conditions:
· Work environment: Office-based
· Travel: Frequent travel to the project site, RO, CPO, and AP
· On call: 25%
How to Apply
Ethiopian Nationals (Female applicants are highly encouraged)
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org.
World vision has zero-tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies