Deadline: Aug 25, 2022
Ethiopian Media Women Association (EMWA) is a non-partisan, non-profit professional association established in 1999 to promote women’s rights through and in the media. Since its establishment in 1999, EMWA has been engaged in advancing professional freedom, excellence, and ethical conduct among women journalists and media practitioners. Currently, it has over 100 members, from all fields of media and communication: private and government media, NGOs, international organizations, communication agencies, and professional individual women media practitioners. EMWA has members in all the regions and cities’ administration but liaising committees in Amhara, Oromia, Dire Dawa, Harar, Somali, and SNNPR. The association re-registered in 2019 after the new law on civil society organizations passed.
EMWA is looking for potential applicants for the following positions
The auditor is responsible to examine the financial statements of our two projects and providing feedback. The responsibilities of external auditors include planning effective auditing processes, performing audits, and reporting back on findings.
External Auditor Responsibilities:
- Evaluating financial statements and assessing accounts for accuracy and compliance.
- Investigating internal systems and operations.
- Assessing risk management approaches.
- Performing audits for two of our projects.
- Reporting on errors and fraud.
- Providing feedback reports on findings.
External Auditor Requirements:
- Degree in accounting or finance.
- Previous experience as an external auditor.
- Experience in data analysis and reporting on finances.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles.
- Proficiency in ERP software.
- Good decision-making abilities.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Professional and trustworthy.
How to Apply
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.