We are looking for a competent Executive Secretary who will be the one to organize and maintain the schedule of the Chief Executive Director of the College of Health Sciences, AAU and assist by performing a variety of administrative tasks. She/he must be quick professionals with great time-management and multitasking abilities. The goal is to contribute to the efficiency of the overall activity by ensuring all assigned administrative duties are carried on timely and efficiently..
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain the director’s agenda and assist in planning appointments, board meetings, conferences etc.
- Arranges and facilitate venues and logistics required for meetings, retreats, all staff meeting/retreat, other regional meetings and trainings as well as workshops.
- Receive and screen phone calls and redirect them when appropriate.
- Handle and prioritize all outgoing or incoming correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Make local & international travel arrangements for the director.
- Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure.
- Monitor office supplies and items.
- Maintain electronic and paper records ensuring information is organized and easily accessible.
- Draft reports or documents as assigned.
- Takes meeting minutes & keep the documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the director
Terms and conditions
Hours of Work: Are governed by the laws of Ethiopia. However, the nature of the work is such that it might require working overtime and weekends.
Holidays: Are governed by the rules of Addis Ababa University for project workers.
Length of Contract: This is a Five year post subject to annual contract renewals.
Probationary Period and Notice Period: There is a three-month probationary period for this role.
No. Required : One
Terms of Employment : Full-time, One year post subject to annual contract renewal
- BA in English language/Secretarial Science and Office Management or BSc in Computer science or Communication or Business management or any related field of study from a recognized University.
- At least 5 years’ of experience as an executive secretary or any other related role.
- Proficient in MS Office skills (Word, PPt, Excel).
- In depth knowledge of office management and technical vocabulary of relevant industry.
- Familiarity with basic research methods and reporting techniques.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities.
- Integrity and confidentiality.
- Experience in English writing & communication skills.
How to Apply
Candidates who fulfill the above requirements should submit a short CV (maximum 4 pages) and a covering letter (maximum 2 pages which should describe how you meet the requirements for the position and why you want the job). Applicants should bring original documents and also submit non-returnable copy of all required and supportive documents. Please note that we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
The application should be submitted to the office human resource management of Tikur Anbesa specialized hospital, College of Health Sciences AAU, new building first floor office room number 118, within 10 working days from the date of this vacancy announcement at the following address:
Center for Innovative Drug Development and Therapeutic Trials for Africa (CDT – Africa)
College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University
Tikur Anbesa Specialized Hospital