External Vacancy Announcement
Floresta Ethiopia is non- governmental organization based in San Diego CA, USA, whose mission is to reverse poverty and deforestation by transforming the lives of rural poor.
NOW Floresta Ethiopia is implementing different developmental societal activities to improved economic empowerment and environmental restoration in Andabet woreda, amhara region, Ethiopia. On top of its expansion for a certain planning years, the program, Floresta Ethiopia would like to invite competent candidates who fulfill the requirement of the indicated different vacant positions listed below.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Motivate and farmer groups and Floresta Ethiopia staffs /volunteers in sustainable farming practices.
- help farmer groups and Floresta staff/volunteers conduct participatory research on sustainable farming practices suitable to the Ethiopian highlands
- seek out new ideas/techniques from communities, universities, government, NGO’s or other actors both within Ethiopia and internationally that might help farmers in And abet restore their farms and their sub watershed
- Work with colleagues to develop a plan for restoration of the target sub watershed
- Efficiently manage environmentally related staff/resources in order to have the greatest impact possible on communities in the target watershed
- Ability to equip FE staff/volunteers with strong facilitation skills in order to build self managed Farmer Field Schools.
- Prepare the department monthly, quarterly and annual report Floresta Ethiopia, Recruitment Advertising
Reports to: Program Director via the head section
Duty Station: Andabet woreda Moke and Gota Sub-watersheds
Required: 2 (Two)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- willingness to actively seek out new ideas/techniques from any source, and together with farmer groups, test new ideas
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of foreign exchange;
- High computer literacy essential, especially for Excel;
- Flexible and adaptable with an ability to adapt appropriately within various situations.
- Co-operative and supportive team player
- Strong personal commitment to Floresta Ethiopia vision, mission and goals and to put in to practice.
- Commitment to the program’s objectives and values
- Excellent work ethic
- BSc Environmental Science, Agro forestry, Soil Conservation and Natural Resource Management, Ecology, Forester, General Agriculture. 4 years and above relevant experience respectively.
- NGO experience is more valuable and preferable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to apply via e-mail. Candidates send their non-returnable application letter, CV’s, experience and copies of other essential documents with-in the above mentioned registration days to Floresta Ethiopia at E-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the E-mail.
NB: All candidates must send their documents via e-mail in pdf and zip format only. Otherwise the organization will not consider the application as well.