Category: Agriculture, Environment and Natural Resource
Location: Andabet woreda, Amhara
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years experience)
Employment Type: Full time
Floresta Ethiopia is non- governmental organization based in San Diego CA, USA, whose mission is to reverse poverty and deforestation by transforming the lives of rural poor.
NOW Floresta Ethiopia is implementing different developmental societal activities to improved economic empowerment and environmental restoration in Andabet woreda, Amhara region, Ethiopia.
On top of its expansion for certain planning years, the program, Floresta Ethiopia would like to invite competent candidates who fulfill the requirement of the indicated different vacant positions listed below.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all the program tasks, including forming and maintaining teams, assisting with the environment officers, developing and maintaining project plans, detailed program activities, and timelines, communicating progress of the program.
- Assist with other on-ground ecological restoration activities
- Assist to establish field trials and demonstrations, collaborating with research agencies and communicating with stakeholders
- Monitoring and reporting of environmental restoration activities, including management and analysis of all relevant property data
- Assist with completion of tasks as requested by the Program Manager
- Ensure that work milestones and activities are completed on time and according to budget and lead the reporting of outputs and outcomes.
- Assist with potential project evaluation in coordination with program staff and other partners.
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation of program outputs and outcomes.
- Contribute to the program’s strategic and annual work planning, as requested.
- Provide information requested to support program development.
- Participate in general interagency coordination and policy activities.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment on multiple tasks with varying deadlines.
- Represent the program in public forums and present at professional conferences.
- Knowledge and understanding of Floresta Ethiopia program and restoration ecology, and general environmental issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in planning, undertaking and reporting on ecological restoration activities including weed control, according to best practice principles
- Flora and fauna identification skills
- Computer proficiency including MS Word, Excel and Browsing
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and basic land management and/or ecological survey equipment
- Holistic understanding of ecosystems, including the role of ecological processes, structure, function, connectivity, and disturbance.
- Knowledge of environmental permitting for ecological restoration at local and country levels.
- Experience with monitoring and data collection, analysis, and reporting for parameters in aquatic environments.
- Excellent writing skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate efficiently and effectively.
- Strong inter-personal and verbal communication skills, including ability to listen, demonstrate empathy, motivate, lead, negotiate, and maintain a friendly, positive rapport with colleagues and the public.
- Ability to work independently and with self-initiative, and to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Experience and full competency with MS Office, including Word and Excel. Excellent all around computer skills including data management and general use of GIS software
- Ability to travel statewide and to participate in occasional evening and weekend site visits and
Reports to: Program Director
- BSC/MSc in Environmental Science, Agro Forestry, Soil Conservation and Natural Resource Management, Forestry, Ecology, and General Agriculture filed with 6/4 years relevant experience respectively.
- NGO experience is more Advantages.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to apply via e-mail.
Candidates send their non-returnable application letter, CV’s, experience and copies of other essential documents with-in the above mentioned registration days to Floresta Ethiopia at E-mail. email@example.com. Put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the E-mail.
NB: All candidates must send their documents via e-mail in pdf and zip format only. Otherwise the organization will not consider the application as well.