FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the following position:
Position: Emergency Response Officer
Location: “Beyeda, North Gondar and other locations where emergency response programs will be implemented”.
Duration of Contract: Contract up to January 31/2022
Salary: As per the salary scale of the organization
Closing date: September 28, 2021
Responsible for supporting implementation of emergency response projects implemented in Benishangul Gumuz Region. The position will provide overall planning, implementation and reporting of the emergency projects as per donor rules and regulations in line with FHE policies and procedures within the given time frame and the desired organization goal.
Key Result #1: Coordination and collaboration
1. Closely work with zonal and woreda government offices for IDP response project management related tasks by representing FHE.
2. Coordinate every dispatch and distribution process of NFIs in assigned IDP and Host Community locations in collaboration with relevant GO- NGO stakeholders
3. Actively participate with partners in disaster assessment and beneficiary targeting.
4. Involve in community targeting and beneficiary break down by IDP center.
5. Coordinate distribution of materials to beneficiaries /IDPs and host community/ in collaboration with relevant government partners.
6. Represent FH in relevant GO-NGO and other cluster meetings as delegated by the project Manager.
Key Result # 2: Data collection and field monitoring
1. Make an assessment of warehouse capacity and advice project manager before dispatch of WASH and Shelter NFIs.
2. Ensure the availability of daily minimum requirement of clean and potable water in the water storage for the IDPs at each camp.
3. Follow up and ensure smooth and on time transportation of supplies and track distribution and proper utilization of budget.
4. Engage in assessment survey data collection, PDM findings and other surveys as required with FHE and Donor requirements.
5. Organize and facilitate Joint participatory monitoring program with partners and government sector offices and beneficiary groups and document feedback.
6. Conduct regular field visit to monitor the proper implementation of the project.
Key Result # 3: Reporting and documentation
1. Prepare and submit weekly, Monthly, quarterly, reports to Project Manager and M&E team on time.
2. Document all reports submitted.
3. Facilitate the selection of vulnerable beneficiaries and document master beneficiary list and share with M & E coordinator.
4. Document distribution lists and share with M&E Officer.
5. Document all communications, meeting outcomes and share with project manager.
6. Perform tasks assigned by project manager.
Job Level Specifications
Ø Strong Interpersonal skills,
Ø Emotional maturity,
Ø Cross-cultural Sensitivity,
Ability to work effectively under pressure
3 years related experience in a relevant position Preferably in INGO Setting
BA/BSc in Development studies, Water Engineering, Civil Engineering, Economics, Agriculture or relevant field of study.
Ø Strong computer skill and knowledge in the area of MS word, MS Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint and email communication.
Ø Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations.
Ø High level of initiative taking.
How to Apply
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Competent candidates can submit ONLY their applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates MUST refer the position title on the subject line of their email and applications