The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant position the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 11 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
The Emergency Response Project Coordinator will be responsible for the effective and efficient implementation of partner supported projects and ensure quality completion of activities within allocated funding and project periods. He/She will work closely with ERCS DPR department, Austrian RC, Netherlands RC and project implementation teams.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure projects are implemented in a timely and professional manner, according to goals, objectives and indicators and in line with donor requirements and adhere to SPHERE and national standards
- Develop work plans, budgets, M&E plans, performance frameworks and reports
- Conduct needs assessments, baseline surveys, reviews and evaluations as needed and directed
- Conduct regular monitoring and technical support visits of PNS supported projects
- Work with project staff to document and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt;
- Maintain close contact with PNS delegation office and project coordinators at ERCS branches to ensure effective technical, logistical and management support for all aspects of project implementation
- Coordinate with DPR and other departments to ensure targeted support and effective, quality programming
- Identify and ensure technical support to the project implementation teams needed for successful and timely accomplishment of project deliverables.
- Support ERCS in the different sector of the projects focused on CVA, EMS and WASH
- Prepare accurate, regular and timely narrative and financial reports related to partner supported projects within agreed deadlines using donor formats
- Ensure and coordinate timely production of narrative reports by project staffs based on qualitative and quantitative indicators on project status;
Networking and representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders – including government representatives and other networks relevant to the humanitarian sector
- Attend coordination meetings that is relevant to projects and ensure that information is shared internally and with ERCS partners
- Carry out all duties and tasks (appropriate to this job description) as requested by the line manager.
- Uphold the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement;
- Work in pursuit of the ERCS vision, mission and objectives;
- Participate and contribute in committees or task forces;
Reporting to : Head, Disaster Preparedness and Response/DPR/ ,Emergency coordinator
Terms of employment : Contract for one year
- B.Sc./M.Sc. degree in Environment or Public health
- Minimum of 10 years work experience for B.Sc. / 8 years of experience for M.Sc., with a thorough understanding of all areas of project management cycles in humanitarian settings
- Track record of successful work experience and results in project management in INGOs and Red Cross setting
- Previous experience with ECHO, IFRC or Red Cross partners funding is an asset.
- Result oriented and team player
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian sector policies and standards
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office,
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality
- Commitment to values and working styles of Red Cross Movement
- Excellent interpersonal skills – builds good relationships with internal and external stakeholders and maintain effective collaboration with all staff
- Ability to manage a complex and demanding workload
- Ability to travel to the field whenever required
- Proficiency of English and Amharic
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and email to email@example.com before the closing date of this announcement on Sept 28th ,2021.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply!
Please note that we ONLY consider those who filled in the application form and send us back. We regret to inform that we do not accept CV at this stage.