Job Specific Roles and responsibilities
Job Responsibility 1: Project Management
- With the support and guidance of PC and Senor Education program manager, leads the implementation of Save the Children’s education project activities within the district.
- Identify critical program gaps and vulnerabilities, and clarify roles, responsibilities and accountabilities to effectively address those gaps.
- Ensure quality in the programme by building capacity of the education officers through trainings, and providing trainings in pedagogy, psychosocial support, life skills etc. to teachers.
- Provide guidance to field-based education team on common standards, innovative strategies and approaches, which ensure a capacity to address SC Commitments for Children in Emergencies, and reflect good practice in emergency education responses.
- Data management and tracking – he/she collects DEO and school data
- Closely works with the project MEAL team and feeds the required information.
Job Responsibility 2: Human Resource Management
- Line management of the education project staff.
- Prepare performance objectives together with program staffs and give the necessary feedback, follow up and support to improve staff performance.
· Ensure the integration and harmonization of EiE team with other field office program and support staff.
Job Responsibility 3: Financial Management
- Ensure that project resources are efficiently utilized through continuous update on the DIP.
- Working with the PM prepare monthly budget forecasts, field payment schedules, procurement plan and work terms of references in line with SCI working documents.
- In close collaboration with PM review and analyse monthly budget versus actual reports and share feedbacks as required.
- Contribute Award Implementation Review (AIR) and align with budget lines
Job Responsibility 4: Coordination and networking
- Working closely with the PM and EiE Education Advisor, develop partnerships to leverage resources, ensure adequate coverage in the emergency response and early recovery phases, and ensure adequate funding consistent with SC resource mobilization strategy and emergency response plans
- Advocate for, and support, the development of sustainable, child-friendly and hazard-resistant standards and designs for learning centers, the integration of life skills into both formal and non-formal education, with a particular focus on Disaster Risk Reduction(DRR)
- Represent SC programme in the coordination at zonal and district levels; represent SC through Education cluster members as well as other thematic sector partners so as to ensure integrated responses.
Job Responsibility 6: Monitoring and Supervision
- Contribute to the development of appropriate and effective program monitoring systems to enable assessment of both the emergency response process and impact and to ensure delivery of results for children.
- Prepare implementation reports, weekly, monthly or other periodical reports for SCI and funding partners.
- Reporting on progress and documentation of best practices.
- Support in development of communication materials, case studies and blogs.
- Ensure that all EiE officers adhere with project milestones and periodically update DIP and other essential working documents.
Job Responsibility 7: Problem solving/conflict management
· Regularly scan environment and plan and address issues in timely manner
· Ensure effective communication and facilitate discussion among team members
· Timely communicate issues that need the attention of Satellite office managers, PM, HR and POM.
Job Responsibility #8: Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ø Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of Bachelor Degree of Education or other field of education from a recognized university with four years’ experience preferably out of which three years working in international non-governmental organization.
· Previous experience working in INGO education programmes implemented in pastoral communities.
· Have basic training and proven experience on project cycle management including but not limited to skills in program and financial planning, M&E skills, education/ teaching-learning process technical skills, documentation and report writing,
· Must have strong coordination skill, partnership building skill, team building and conflict management skill, financial management (budget preparation and monitoring)
· Experience to manage big team especially in hardship environment and preferably experience of managing more than one million USD is annually.
· Dynamic, Self-starter and able to deliver on organizational goals with good communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent understanding and prior work experience with the pastoralist communities is advantageous
· Proficient in the use of MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other relevant software;
Must have excellent strong writing with excellent spoken and written English; Knowledge of Somali language is PLUS.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en