External Vacancy Announcement
Floresta Ethiopia is non- governmental organization based in San Diego CA, USA, whose mission is to reverse poverty and deforestation by transforming the lives of rural poor.
NOW Floresta Ethiopia is implementing different developmental societal activities to improved economic empowerment and environmental restoration in Andabet woreda, amhara region, Ethiopia. On top of its expansion for a certain planning years, the program, Floresta Ethiopia would like to invite competent candidates who fulfill the requirement of the indicated different vacant positions listed below.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary duty is formation of savings groups and Offering Trainings for the established VSLA groups with a great and an excellent kills in economic activities and a commitment to participatory strategies of rural poverty reduction.
- Support VSLA groups and Floresta staff/volunteers conduct participatory research on Environment Friendly Economic practices suitable to the Ecosystem.
- seek out new ideas/techniques from communities, universities, government, NGO’s or other actors both within Ethiopia and internationally that might help farmers in Andabet to empower them in their Economy without deforestation.
- motivate and train farmer groups and Floresta staff/volunteers in Economic Empowerment practices
- equip Floresta staff/volunteers with strong facilitation skills in order to build Economically empowered local peoples and groups (Village Saving and Lending Associations)
- Work with colleagues to develop a plan for empowering the Women peoples in their economic activities.
- Effectively and efficiently manage economic related staff/resources in order to have the greatest impact possible on communities in the target watershed.
- must have respect for farmers, recognizing that innovation in saving builds on the depth of knowledge and understanding that farmers have of their live
- Support and facilitate the completion of regular /monthly, quarterly and annual report
- Offering refreshment trainings for the strengthened Saving Groups
- Maintaining the share outs of the Saving Groups at the end of the cycle.
- Offering entrepreneurship trainings for all loaners of the saving groups.
- Support the identification and formation of VSLA groups in different field sites in Andabet
- Conduct and mentor VSLA group members during weekly meetings (record keeping and management of pass books etc).
- Facilitate the Saving group share out and mentor group members
- Training VSLA members on Business and life skills.
- Local partner staff training and capacity building.
- Develop weekly action plans that directly reflect overall work plan activities
- Conduct frequent field visits to ensure quality of program implementation and ongoing capacity building for women group members.
- Ensure a sound M&E data collection and together with Senior EA$E Officer manage VSLA database.
- Timely resolution of programmatic and operational issues
- Train, lead, coordinate and manage Village Agents and other volunteers of the program
Reports to: Program Director via the head section
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Passion and ability to equip Floresta Ethiopia staff/volunteers and farmer groups with practical skills to test new saving techniques that contributes to economic Empowerment.
- ability to educate project visitors and donors on principles of holistic development, Economic Empowerment, and other situations
- ability to facilitate discussions/workshops with FE staff/volunteers and farmer groups in order to allow full participation
- Bridge building skills in bringing together diverse stakeholder
- Help other staff and participants to understand the inherent (non-utilitarian) value of all creation
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of foreign exchange;
- High computer literacy essential, especially for Excel;
- Flexible and adaptable with an ability to adapt appropriately within various situations.
- Co-operative and supportive team player
- Strong personal commitment to Floresta Ethiopia vision, mission and goals and to put in to practice.
- Commitment to the program’s objectives and values
- Excellent work ethic
- BA/BSC in Economics, Management, Cooperative Accounting, Business Management, Environmental Science, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Accounting 4 years and above relevant experience..
- Experience with Economic Empowerment program office and manager for NGO in Ethiopia is more valuable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to apply via e-mail. Candidates send their non-returnable application letter, CV’s, experience and copies of other essential documents with-in the above mentioned registration days to Floresta Ethiopia at E-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the E-mail.
NB: All candidates must send their documents via e-mail in pdf and zip format only. Otherwise the organization will not consider the application as well.