Wetlands International is a global network organisation with 20 offices that share the name and brand ‘Wetlands International’ and implement a joint ‘Strategic Intent’. The organisation has its global office in Ede-Wageningen (Netherlands). Wetlands International works globally, regionally and nationally toward the conservation and wise use of wetlands to benefit biodiversity and human well-being. It is the only global NGO dedicated to the conservation and wise use of wetlands.
Wetlands International in the Eastern Africa region currently has operations in Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda and South Sudan. Operations are expanding and are expected to continue to grow in the coming years. Wetlands International Eastern Africa office has responsibility for: sub-regional partnerships; communications; network development and nurturing; resources development; programme and project development, execution and reporting; human resources management; and country operations.
Wetlands International Eastern Africa is seeking a Driver for the Wetlands International, Ethiopia office.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Drive project staff and visitors for meetings, appointments and on long distance trips with due caution and courtesy as assigned by the supervisor.
- Conduct day to day maintenance checks on the vehicle such as: checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres and other accessories, including performance of minor repairs;
- Report periodic servicing and servicing needs of the vehicle in advance to ensure its proper handling;
- Ensure cleanliness and safe keeping of vehicle and vehicle accessories at all times;
- Handles clients with due care and respect.
- Respects the faith and culture of different communities;
- Respects the rules and regulations of departure and arrival hours according to WI manuals
- Handle confidential matters with due care and in consultation with senior staff.
- Maintain records of logbook for all journeys undertaken, fuel consumed, repair costs and ensures the logbook is available for inspection at any time
- Undertakes minor repair of the vehicle
- Report accidents as occurred immediately
- Adheres to rules and regulations of WI
- Respects the traffic rules and regulations strictly
- Advise the supervisor when the project vehicle licenses are due for renewal, appropriate inspections and registration;
- Collect and deliver official documents and mail to and from various offices, post offices, banks or any other location or premises as instructed from time to time;
- Update the vehicle log book official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumptions, oil changes etc;
- Assist with office clerical and administrative duties such as photocopying and filing as when needed;
- When assigned, assists in local purchasing/expediting activities
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reporting to: Finance and Administration Associate
Type of contract: Initial contract for one year, including a probationary period of 3 months, with a possibility of extension
- At least third grade valid driving license.
- Able to communicate in English, both verbal and written, preferred
- NGO experience is an advantage
- Over 5 years of driving experience of four-wheel drive vehicles;
- Current driving license with an excellent driving record of at least 10 years showing no history of responsibility for accidents;
- Experience driving for a diplomatic mission or small to medium-sized NGO;
- Basic vehicle maintenance skills;
- Current and valid certificate of good conduct (Police clearance certificate);
- Have a good knowledge of Ethiopian roads and various counties where Wetlands International has a presence and be ready to travel to these counties;
- Good awareness of the existing traffic rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team;
- Excellent verbal and communication skills; good command of English will be an added advantage
- Reliable, trustworthy person who is self-motivated to carry out daily tasks with minimum supervision;
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely manner;
- Project a professional image
- Basic Knowledge of First Aid;
- Computer Literate;
Offer: Competitive remuneration according to Wetlands International standards.
How to Apply
Candidates should apply by sending:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (mandatory)
- Expected Remuneration (Mandatory)
- Names and contact details of two referees (Mandatory).
- If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by emailing your application to email@example.com
- Ensure to attach all requested documents for consideration.
- Clearly indicate the title of the position being applied for as follows “Application for Driver Ethiopia position” in the title of your mail. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.