Under the direct supervision of the supervision camp manager & the technical supervisor – transport officer based in Assosa, the driver will work closely with the operation and program units to drive authorized vehicles for authorized purposes and closely keep the safety of the vehicle he/she drives, and be able to investigate minor vehicle problems. He/she will directly report to camp manager & to the technical supervisor -transport officer.
Duty and Responsibilities: –
- The detailed duties and responsibilities of the driver includes the following
- The driver is expected to drive 80kms/hour on asphalt road and 60kms/hour on non-asphalt roads
- ·The driver is expected to drive in normal mood and mind, not under influence of any type addiction.
- The driver is expected to have with valid driving license always
- The driver is expected not to use mobile phones while driving
- Makes timely request for 5000Kms, and 10,000kms
- Ensures internal and external tidiness of the vehicle assigned
- The driver is expected to complete vehicle operation report formats
- The driver is expected to immediately complete and submit incident report and police report in case of accident.
- Expected Key Deliverables
- Strict adherence to the IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers.
- Daily and pre-long-distance vehicle checks. Accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet.
- Keeping the vehicle clean, fueled and mechanically sound.
- Daily inspecting and maintaining all vehicle accessories.
- Advising the Transport officer of pending inspections, insurance renewal or any defects or problems.
- 4 Years related work experience for High school complete
- Valid 3rd grade driving license
- Professional driving skill
- No road safety-related fines or convictions.
- Having knowledge of road rules and regulations
- Skills in routine vehicle maintenance and minor repair
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities
- Good interpersonal communication skill.
- Able to carry out limited, un-supervised tasks
- Drivers must display an attitude and behavior that reflects well on both themselves and the IRC.
- NGO experience a plus
How to Apply
Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address:
Through IRC Assosa Field Office- Po Box 249 only.
- Please include 3 references from current and former employers on your CVs.
- Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
- Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted. However,
Qualified Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Code/Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number if possible also email address
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)? If answer is “yes”, give the following information:|| YES NO
Recruiter of the position: HR/Admin – Assosa Field Offic
IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer.