Deadline: Jul 1, 2022
The Ethiopian Pharmaceutical Association (EPA) is a national association of pharmacists in the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia. The association was incepted in 1974 with the objectives of upholding the honor and ethics of the profession, safeguarding the professional rights of its members and working to ensure that the public gets quality pharmaceutical products and services.
Vision: EPA aspires to advance the health and well-being of the society and to become one of the leading professional associations in Ethiopia, a model in Africa and globally respected.
Mission: EPA is committed to ensure the provision of pharmaceutical services of the highest quality through promotion of responsible and ethical practice and empowerment of its members to advance pharmacy practice
Values of Ethiopian Pharmaceutical Association
- Quality: dedication to the highest level of pharmaceutical excellence and commitment to improving provisions of pharmaceuticals, rational drug use and advancing patient care.
- Trust: Earning the trust of members of the association and the public by continually providing quality services and demonstrating exemplary leadership and innovative thinking.
- Integrity: Acting in an honest, ethical, professional as well as in a transparent manner, and accepting responsibility for own actions.
- People’s Right: Respecting diversity and treating all people with dignity and honor.
- Collaboration: Encourage teamwork and create environment at which thinking and working within and outside own boundaries stimulates the sharing of resources, information and ideas promoting creativity and cultivating excellence.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as driver for EPA employees to drive an assigned vehicle(s) to destinations within and outside of Addis Ababa (training events, workshops, partners, governmental, NGO, international and other offices with which EPA interacts)
- Ensure the safety of all passengers in the car by ensuring that passengers and drivers wear seat belts. The driver observes all traffic rules, does not speed and ensures the safety of the surrounding areas
- On continual basis check and survey to ensure that roads and destinations planned for assigned passengers are free of any crime occurrences such as pick pocketing, purse snatching, or robbery
- Maintain daily log of all trips taken and obtain signature of all passengers
- Ensure that basic tool kits are available in the vehicle
- Ensure that assigned vehicle is in roadworthy condition at all times, maintain vehicle in clean & serviceable condition, ensure that the vehicle is ready & roadworthy before all trips out of Addis Ababa
- Provide basic care of assigned vehicle including conducting frequent checks of oil and lubricant levels, maintaining appropriate levels of each. Ensure vehicles have adequate fuel levels. Report all major needs for maintenance of the driver supervisor for immediate action
- Ensure that insurance registration and annual inspection of the vehicles is valid
- Maintain copies of vehicle logbooks and insurance documents, ensuring that the renewal of insurance and annual inspection for vehicle is carried out in timely manner
- Responsible to keep assigned vehicle clean, orderly and serviceable condition at all times, follow up with maintenance requirements of assigned vehicle
- Responsible for preparing monthly activity, fuel consumption & expenditure report and presenting these to supervisor every month
- Follow EPA rules and regulations and driver code of conduct
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
- Employment term: One year with possibility of extension
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Grade: NA
Number required: 01(One
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- At least 10th Grade complete
- Minimum of five years’ work experience as a driver
- Have at least 3rd level/grade driving license
- Effective interpersonal relationships/communication
- Having no record of illegal practice of any kind
How to Apply
Applicants must make sure their application document is saved by their full name
The job position being applied for must be explicitly stated in the application letter
Application being submitted via email must have the job position title clearly stated in the subject line
physically bring your application directly to EPA office beside Sanford International School
EPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer