EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potential. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights. PROJECT SUMMARY
EngenderHealth-Ethiopia is currently planning to implement the REACH (Reach, Expand, and Access Community Health) project, an integrated SRHR/MHM, and WaSH intervention in the Jimma and Borana zones of the Oromia Region. The REACH project will be implemented by a consortium of EngenderHealth, Amref Health Africa, and DKT. EngenderHealth would like to employ a well-qualified and dedicated candidate as Driver/Liaison Officer for the Borana field office at the duty station of Yaballo for its project which aims to fulfill Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights/Menstrual Hygiene Management (SRHR/MHM), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WaSH) and Nutritional needs of Women and young people in Borana zone.
The Driver/Liaison Officer will have overall responsibility of driving vehicles and keeping the organization’s vehicle in good condition including minor maintenance of vehicles and performing liaison works as per the office regulation and as stipulated in this job description.
• Ensures that the assigned vehicle is utilized for the sole purpose of the organization’s work and complies with strictly.
• Ensure that EngenderHealth Inc. Ethiopia office’s policy with Non-Smoking and Drug-Free policy is upheld within the vehicle.
• Follow up that all vehicles are equipped with the necessary safety and short-term maintenance equipment.
• Responsible to have all relevant and up-to-date certification/documentation on hand while on assignment.
• Ensures that the necessary appliances and First Aid kit are readily available in the vehicle in good condition and communicate any gaps identified for immediate stocking.
• Always ensures proper cleanliness of assigned vehicle and make sure it is well cleaned before barking at the office.
• Responsible to drive the vehicle assigned in a safe way, with strict observance of traffic rules and regulations and the organization’s internal policy.
• Responsible for the timely recording of official trips on the log sheet as per the office’s rules,
• Follow-up scheduled insurance, service period, and annual inspection of assigned vehicles and report to immediate supervisor.
• Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and check-up of the car, performs minor repairs & ensures the safety of the car all the time.
• Responsible for service maintenance follow-ups that are carried out by the contracted garage and update immediate supervisor for any administrative action.
• Responsible to adhere to EngenderHealth Inc. Ethiopia office’s SOP at the time of accidents.
• Responsible to distribute/collecting letters, packages, & delivery of project documents on behalf of the organization and checking mail in the post office daily & performing related liaison works.
• Assist in the settlement of monthly utility bills (water, electricity, telephone, internet, etc.) or any associated day-to-day activities implementation payments.
• Responsible for distribution of donated medical supplies and equipment to EngenderHealth Inc. Ethiopia office supported sites and submit stock delivery documents to store/finance.
• Assists with imported goods collection & clearance from customs office (central office).
• Assist with the assembly of donation equipment and supplies as directed by the central office.
• Responsible to settle all per-diem and other related payments for various events (training, meeting — etc.) as per the allowed maximum limit.
• Responsible to purchase office supplies, training, and materials required for conducting a meeting, training, workshops—etc. organized by the coordination office based on the allowed limit.
• Assist with documentation (video, photo, — etc.) of events.
• Perform other liaising duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
• High School complete plus Diploma in Automotive from recognized college/university or professional institution and valid driving license.
• Minimum of (5) five years as a driver and in handling different liaising activities and experience with NGOs.
• Computer applications in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS
• Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
• Willingness to work under pressure.
• A person with integrity, honesty, — etc.
• Good communication in English and English. Fluency in the local language of the duty station.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND FUNCTIONS
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and function effectively as part of a team, and manage multiple priorities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills (e.g., active listening, cultural competence, responsiveness)
• Ability to drive vehicles on rough roads and difficult conditions to support field activities is a must.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state, and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in Ethiopia in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults, and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact with EngenderHealth. This includes harm arising from the conduct of staff, associates, and partners, and the design and implementation of programs and activities.