Purpose of the position:
The Drilling Operations Coordinator has a supervisory role and is responsible to coordinate drilling and Electro Mechanical works in collaboration with the manager, prepare detail specification for drilling tools, accessories and supplies and facilitate the purchase process, coordinate and engage in preparation of well completion reports, performance based payment, cost charging and drilling data base development. Closely follow up drilling operations, prepare timely progress reports and provide technical support to drilling officers and drillers. Prepare manuals and provide technical support for hydrogeologists in feasibility study document review and site verification. Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
· Coordinate drilling and EM-works in collaboration with the drilling operations manager and provide technical support for drilling operations officers, drillers and pump technicians.
· Closely follow up and track field drilling operations, organize progress reports and drilling data base, and weekly update the status.
· Prepare annual procurement plan of drilling tools, equipment, accessories and supplies with detail specifications and request purchase on time, follow up the procurement process and ensure that proper drilling tools and supplies are purchased and stocked before drilling implementation.
· Review performance based payments and cost recovery charging documents before submission to drilling operations manager.
· Coordinate and engage in well completion report preparation, drilling site verification, and reviewing groundwater source feasibility study documents.
· Ensure that borehole-drilling works are underway in compliance with community needs, donor’s requirements, WV and government policies and national standards.
· Coordinate and prepare annual drilling operations and verification plan in consultation with project design team and field office.
· Prepare technical manuals that provide guidance to the field staff and take part in planning, facilitating and conducting trainings on WASH related programs to drilling & EM team, field hydrogeologists and partners.
· Work closely with drilling operations officers, hydrogeologist and manager and other WVE colleagues to ensure smooth drilling operations Work closely with drilling operations officers, hydrogeologist and manager and other WVE colleagues to ensure smooth drilling operations.
· Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peace building and Christian commitment.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
· 8 years of experience for MSc and 10 years for BSc
· NGO work experience preferably in the drilling operations sector
Education, training, license, registration, and certification
· B.Sc/MSC in Geology/Applied Geology/Earth Science/Hydrogeology/Geophysics/GIS & Remote Sensing
· Training or experience on water wells drilling and construction
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Experience in coordinating drilling operations
- Basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel, Outlook, power-point)
- Advanced knowledge of application software such as Arc-GIS, Global mapper, AquiTest, Strater, IPI2Win, IX1DV3, etc
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity
Travel and/or Work Environment
· Travel to sites (about 45%) domestic
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies =