Purpose of the position:
Drilling Operations Officers will lead and coordinate field drilling operations that include: support and follow up drilling and pumping test activities in the field, crew management, machinery and field deployed resources administration, and ensure proper utilization of drilling supplies. She/He is also responsible to verify drilling sites before drilling implementation and technically support the driller. She/He prepares well design based on lithological log and site observation; and organize wells data base and timely submit the report. Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
· Lead and coordinate drilling crew, facilitate drilling operations at site level , conduct site hydrogeological verifications before drilling, technically support the drilling and pumping test activities.
· Prepare well design based on lithological log and site observation; follow up the drilling, well construction and pumping test activities are conducted as per the feasibility study; and ensure that the wells are constructed in compliance with WVE, donor and community requirement.
· Prepare check list and ensure that all drilling supplies and consumables are available at site before and while drilling operations.
· Organize wells data base and prepare well completion reports and timely submit/share those reports for preparation of cost charging and performance based payment.
· Make sure that the drilling rig, support truck and light vehicles are properly handled and only used for the assigned project; and drilling supplies and consumables are effectively and efficiently utilized. Make sure that the drilling rig, support truck and light vehicles are properly handled and only used for the assigned project; and drilling supplies and consumables are effectively and efficiently utilized
· Engage in Drilling Operations annual detail implementation plan, annual service and maintenance plan preparation, and provide field status update weekly.
· Work closely with the respective field office, government partners and local community and handover the completed wells to the respective government/ field project office.
· Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability and peace building
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
· 4 years of experience for MSc and 6 years for BSc
NGO work experience preferably in the drilling operations sector
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
· B.Sc/MSC in Geology/Applied Geology/Earth Science/Hydrogeology/Geophysics/GIS & Remote Sensing
· Training or experience on water wells drilling and construction
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
· Demonstrated ability to perform well lithological logging, well design and prepare standard well completion report
· Basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel, Outlook, power-point)
· Advanced knowledge of application software such as Arc-GIS, Global mapper, AquiTest, Strater, IPI2Win, IX1DV3, etc
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity.
Travel and/or Work Environment
· Office based with frequent travel to the field.
· Travel: 80% Domestic travel is required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies