Purpose of the Job:
Help shape the digital communications strategy, grow the digital audience and support the smooth running of digital channels by producing and posting creative and informative content that will appeal to target audiences (stakeholders) and deliver key messages. Support the delivery of Commission’s communications strategy through the use of online and digital media.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and post engaging and innovative content across all of the commission social media channels, including Facebook, and Twitter.
- Produce visually appealing photographs and videos and write posts which will speak to target audiences (stakeholder).
- Facilitate working with head office and the branch digital hub to ensure the channels are posting the correct centrally created content.
- Design innovative ways to interact with audiences, including arranging live and interactive discussions.
- Follow and keep up to date with social media and digital trends. Work with the Media and communication coordinator to develop a strategy that ensures the commissions are delivering the right messages, through the right channels, to the right people, to deliver maximum communications impact.
- Produce periodic reports on the performance of social media channels and make recommendations for improvement.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of-wide public diplomacy projects, develop and support the delivery of innovative social media campaigns to achieve the objectives and advise colleagues on the best use of online communications.
- Produce innovative, creative and engaging videos, photography and info graphics.
REPORT TO: Director, Media and Communication
DURATION: Indefinite Period/Open Contract
SALARY RANGE: Gross monthly salary of ETB 19,157.00- ETB 22,817.00 plus ETB 6,000.00 Housing allowance and ETB 1,500.00 Transport allowance, depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history
Qualifications and Experience:
- MA/BA Degree in Journalism, Communication, Public Relations, International Studies, Political Science and other related field .
- 4 years of relevant experience for BA and 2 years of relevant experience for MA
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Amharic and English is required. Knowledge of other local languages is also advantageous
How to Apply
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: HRM@ehrc.org
Please include the name of the position on the subject of the email
Women candidates and candidates with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam
Deadline for applications: Monday 8TH of November, 2021.