Saint Gabriel Catholic Health Center (SGCHC) is a not-for-profit nongovernmental organization owned by the Ethiopian Catholic Church (ECC-SDCO,A.A.), and run in collaboration with Brothers of Our Lady of Lourdes or Brothers of Good Works in Ethiopia. The mission of SGCHC is to provide holistic, affordable and quality health care to all, in a compassionate and loving environment consistent with the Christian principles on which we are founded on and promoting access to health care to the less privileged and vulnerable social groups, like women and children and the financially destitute.
SGCHC is providing comprehensive health care services to the population of the catchment area and neighboring woredas in line with the government and the Ethiopian Catholic Church health policy. Accordingly, for the successful implementation of the health center project activities, St. Gabriel Catholic Health Center would like to invite interested and qualified applicants for the following position.Job Summary-The Dental Health Professional is responsible for the day to day dental care and oral hygiene activities.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
- Meeting with patients to discuss and treat dental concerns, performing regular cleanings and other preventative procedures, and establish a plan for better dental hygiene.
- Performing dental procedures, such as extractions and other procedures in consultation with the Dental Surgeon.
- Prescribing medications for dental problems, such as pain medications or antibiotics.
- Giving clients sedatives or anesthesia prior to procedures.
- Keeping records relating to the oral health of patients and the treatments given to them.
- Managing and communicating with other staff members to provide care to patients.
- Assist the Dental Surgeon as required. .
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Licenses & Certifications: Licensed as Dental Health Professional.
Number Required– One
Education/ Training Required-
- BSc Degree in Dental Health (BDS) from a recognized University/College.
Knowledge and Experience/Skills/ Required
- A minimum of 6 years’ proven work experience.
- Willingness to comply with all local laws regarding dental and health care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt your communication to suit different patients.
- Ability to keep detailed records.
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental procedures, tools, and diagnostics.
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements should submit their application letter together with non-returnable CV and copies of supporting documents to HR and Property Administration Unit of St. Gabriel Health Center which is located at the backside of the Transport & Road Authorities (driving training center) and 500m from Water Works Construction Enterprise.
Applicants may apply in writing to: ECC St Gabriel Catholic Health Center
P.O. Box 13236 Addis Ababa,
Or Applicants can apply to the following email address
firstname.lastname@example.org by writing the job position on the subject line.
Application Dates – 10 working days from the date of announcement.
Date Posted- May 16, 2022
For more information, please do not hesitate to call us on 0114-39 45 34.