Mahibere Hiwot for Social Development (MSD) is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization founded in October 1999. Since its establishment, MSD has been implementing different programs in collaboration with partners on providing broad range of HIV prevention, care and treatment services and Sexual and Reproductive health (SRH). Migration & Trafficking, Good Governance, Education and Child Development in different parts of the country.
MSD is looking for qualified and competent applicants for the Data Clerk position.
The purpose of the Data Entry Clerk position is to ensure quality data and information is entered, maintained and analyzed for effective reporting and documentation of program activities as per the Family Focused HIV Prevention care and treatment Services Project requirements. She/he will be technically assisted by program coordinator. The post holder is also responsible for assisting the generation of regular and ad data/ reports for internal and external purposes.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Collect, analyze, and report monthly and quarterly data on all program areas from each project site, health facility or community base structures, private clinic, government;
- Perform data entry, data cleaning using Ms Office like Excel, DHIS2 or any data entry and reporting format.
- Update data on beneficiaries on regular basis and Produce High quality, analytical reports and supply to program coordinator/MEL officer or M&E Focal person on regular basis.
- Ensuring that all client data required by any HIV Prevention, care and treatment registers is entered, analyzed and reported accurately; Ensuring that all clinical and care and support related information is recorded and available;
- Ensure M&E recording and reporting tools are available to all HIV/care & support and related program areas.
- Ensure data quality using different techniques such as comparing entered data or reports in DHIS2 with source documents, analyzed the entered data or re-enters data if error is detected.
- Be able to verify entered data using different techniques such as reentering data; combining data, eliminate duplication of data.
- Ensuring that effective referrals occur and documentation is complete to all levels, including HIV Prevention care and support services, Private facility and Health center/Hospital services.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date data and enter all data accurately and in a timely manner per instructions or guidance of the PC/MEL officer on excel, access, DHIS2 and other tools.
- Ensure that confidentiality of data collected and stored are maintained; Assure protection of the systems and data by performing at least one system back up both soft and hard copy.
- Ensure that data entry work is implemented as planned and in line with the MSD’s policies and procedures and meet the expected standards of donor.
- Be member of QI team, provide evidence and participate meeting regularly and implement improvement activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Staff required: 01
Reports to: Program Coordinator
- BSC/ Diploma in Economics, ICT, Computer Science, Statistics, Secretarial Scince and office management, Monitoring and Evaluation from recognized college/university related field of studies.
- At least two years direct & relevant/related service experiences for BSC/BA/Diploma holders;
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing and monitoring Data base programs and activities;
- Competency in computer applications; MS word, XL, Access, Power point & good analytical ability; and Ability to operate computer software packages relevant to the work;
- Efficient skill for posting data into computer; Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a team, other departments, private clinic, Government and other partners;
- Demonstrated effective organizing and planning skills & Skills in data collection tools and indicators development and survey undertakings;
- Good command of /both written & verbal communication skills/ in English and Amharic; Excellent in communication and interpersonal & presentation skills;
- Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner; Willingness to work under pressure;
How to Apply
Applicants can send their CV which is not more than 3 pages through email@example.com with the subject line of position in which you are applying for.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Can submit CV with credentials to MSD head office Telephone 0118699419, Yeka Sub city Signal to Shola Road around Wegagen Bank.