At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
About Accelerating Support to Advanced Local Partners (ASAP)
ASAP is funded through an Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Contract (IDIQ) led by IntraHealth. The purpose of the contract is to rapidly prepare Local Partners to have the capabilities and resources to serve as Prime Partners for USAID/U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming, in compliance with USAID and PEPFAR procedures, for PEPFAR program implementation.
Position: Data Analyst and Database Administrator
Position Location: Addis Ababa
Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel outside Addis Ababa
Duration of Assignment: Six months
ASAP is seeking to hire an experienced Data Analyst and Database Administrator. The Data Analyst and Data Administrator will collect, manage, analyze, and store ASAP’s data including data from Non-US Organization Pre-Award Survey (NUPAS) Plus, online surveys, training, and quarterly and annual reports. S/he will bring technical expertise to ensure the quality and accuracy of data, collection process, design, and present it in ways that help ASAP and its local implementing partners make data-driven decisions. This position will report to the ASAP’s Ethiopia Country Team Leader.
Specifically, the Data Analyst/Database Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Managing and updating ASAP’s datasets to facilitate accessibility and use by ASAP’s Leadership Team and Technical Advisors
· Delivering high-quality visualization using Power BI Dashboards to present NUPAS Plus results
· Responsible for timely data entry, organization, cleaning, and interpretations of NUPAS Plus results
· Leading the NUPAS Plus data entry, compilation, analysis, and outputs
· Assisting the ASAP team and local partners in tracking progress to the capacity assessment results
· Collecting, organizing, and analyzing data using a variety of software tools
· Preparing and managing different surveys using online platforms such as SurveyMonkey, Mailchimp, MS Form, etc.
· Preparing PowerPoint presentations for data reviews, and quarterly and annual reports
· Ensuring quality of data by conducting regular data validation checks
· Providing ongoing coaching and mentoring to LIPs in the proper use of the NUPAS database to be developed
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, or relevant field of study from an accredited university/college
- At least 5 years of experience in successfully developing and managing databases; and creating data visualization, and conducting data analysis
- Experience in database management and navigation
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically.
- Familiarity and Experience with PEPFAR-MER indicators
- Expertise in Microsoft Power BI, Power Query/Pivot, VBA, DAX.
- Familiarity with data analysis and mapping software including Stata/SPSS, Arc-GIS, QGIS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; and skills in R, Python, MS SQL are desirable
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal.
- Ability to work independently and with team members and partners at all levels.
- Professional fluency in English required.
How to Apply
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment that supports health workers, so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1