Deadline: Jun 27, 2022
- Advisory Services: Act as a technical expert for the dairy farmers, to ensures that local dairy Farmers, farmers organization and other relevant stakeholders can sustainably gate Advisory service.
- Training: Plan, Develop and organize training requirement for dairy farming community, Farmers organizations, commercial Dairy farms and other stakeholders.
- Dairy Development Services: develop a pallet of services that can help farmers to grow and de-risk their business.
- Supplier Relationship: building strong B2B relationship with the existing and potential suppliers in different locations, assessment of suppliers’ strengths and capabilities with respect to overall business strategy, determination of what activities to engage in with different suppliers, and planning and execution of all interactions with suppliers.
- Supplier Data base Management: Maintain and analyze essential suppliers Data for decision making.
- Project Management: Assist on various projects that fall under Dairy Development Team
· Degree from a University in Sciences in animal husbandry/dairy production, preferably with specializations in dairy nutrition, training & extension.
· five (5) years plus of experience in the relevant field of dairy husbandry, dairy extension & training.
· Knowledge and experience as regard dairy feeding, breeding, young stock management, disease control, housing and cow comforts, pasture management, forage production and preservation, milking and hygiene, farm mechanization, manure and energy management, biosecurity, etc.
· Knowledge and experience of/with farm recording tools, such as for herd management, farm economics.
· Specific expert knowledge in forage production, preservation, dairy nutrition, ration balancing, climate-smart agriculture, and sustainable livestock production systems
· Experience with knowledge transfer ability to develop training and instructional materials and set-up training of farmer and training of trainers’ courses.
· Experience in managing partner relations with NGOs, government departments, research, and knowledge institutes.
· Work experience in a multi-disciplinary and cultural team.
· Good oral and written communication skills in English, Amharic, and Oromifa
· Good computer and software applications skills.
· Sensitive and committed to gender equity and diversity
How to Apply
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their application letter and Updated CV (WITHOUT ANY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AT THIS STAGE) through the following address:
Please mention the specific Position you are applying for on the subject line of your email, candidates who do not follow the application instruction will not be considered.