As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver integrated programs with target communities through its 51 Area programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. WVE envisions a thriving organization where our strong leadership at all levels results in improved delivery of results for children.
Purpose of the position:
Lead the Creative Services Unit; consisting of Editorial, Graphic Design, and Production specialists to ensure that our stories demonstrate how we are keeping Our Promise to the world’s most vulnerable children, equipping storytellers to speak with authenticity, consistency and depth. Children’s voices are amplified through high-quality, multi-purposed content that inspires and connects with target audiences and that impact-led content drives and grows engagement with key audiences, demonstrating World Vision expertise. Effectively manage communications content, making sure it is available and timely, serving advocacy, marketing, and fundraising needs. And ensure Field, Technical Programme, and Grant communications staff are trained and supported to deliver high-value content that is used internally and externally
• As chief producer, lead the production of high-quality video and photo content and projects that builds World Vision brand awareness and increases trust
• As chief editor, lead the editorial writing and story development process and projects ensuring children’s and diversity voices are represented
• As chief creative designer, lead the graphic design, still and motion graphic, and the publication of communications collateral that informs and inspires
• Manage the technical and creative production and delivery of live events
• Ensure World Vision’s global brand is aligned and brought to life across all content production
• Manage Content Flow, Story Hub, and other content management systems
• Ensure the secure and catalogued management of all Communications digital assets and media
• Ensure creative services team have the right production equipment to deliver high-quality and timely content and collateral
• Manage the Communications job flow and project management with Public Engagement, Marketing and national level Advocacy campaigns – ensuring calendars, timetables, schedules, and itineraries are kept
• Ensure the Integrated Communications Coordinators in Field, Technical Programmes, Grants, and Emergencies (HEA) receive on-going support, capacity building, instruction and guidance from the Creative Services Unit
• Lead and supervise the staff of the Creative Services Unit (production, editorial, design) ensuring that clear roles and responsibilities across the specialist units results in highly effective teamwork and efficient collaboration
• Increase the quality and quantity of responsive and proactive communications projects
• High performance of the team is ensured through the leading of; goal setting, prioritisation, process management, and relationship management
• Manage key relationships with external local partners, freelancers and suppliers
Duty station: Head Office Addis Ababa
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
• 6-years experience managing communications or creative production teams, in international NGOs, business, or creative industries
• Demonstrated experience managing external production partner relationships, such as agencies or production companies
• Advanced technical skills in several of the major areas of the job, such as; photo and video production, graphic design, editorial and story content development, journalism
• Proven experience of training and capacity building of others
• Advanced level of computer proficiency, Mac and PC
Experience working with children and youth Experience working with children and youth Education, training, license, registration, and certification
• Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Media, Journalism, Arts or similar
• Professional certifications in any of the technical areas of communications or marketing
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Thorough knowledge of the marketing, communication, and media industry
• Thorough knowledge of international development, World Vision development practice, and marketing and communications needs
Travel and/or Work Environment
• Working primarily in the head office in Addis Ababa, semi-regular travel locally and internationally will be required.
• Fluency: English is required
• Basic knowledge: Amharic or other local language is desired. Willingness to learn.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies.