Self Help Africa-Ethiopia (SHA) is an International NGO that has operational presence in Ethiopia since 1984. The organization works with smallholder farmers, farmers’ associations, financial cooperatives, coop unions, and agri-businesses to help farmers grow more and sell more, improve their diets, diversify incomes and make their livelihood more sustainable and resilient to external shocks.
NOW Self Help Africa (SHA) SHA is looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial professional with significant programme management and proven new business development experience. You will drive the Group’s mission and vision and deepen our impact, through delivery of high-quality programmes and ensuring that the processes of planning, implementation as well as monitoring, evaluation and learning, are robust. The Country Director will be responsible for overseeing all areas of SHA’s operations in Ethiopia, providing leadership and strategy guidance to the SHA team, with two direct reports and a mandate to expand operations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five years’ senior management experience
- Previous experience of running multi-sectoral teams to deliver complex programmes either in a development or private sector setting ideally in sub-Saharan Africa
- A proven ability to deliver new income opportunities through proactive and sustained business development activity
- A proven ability to develop, implement and adapt organizational and business strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both in formal and informal settings
- Strong financial analysis and management skills
- Fluency in English
How to Apply
Please upload a completed Application Form, CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role here following this link: https://selfhelpafrica.org/ie/country-director-ethiopia/
Please note incomplete applications will not be considered for shortlisting.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Though SHA is an equal opportunity employer, we highly encourage women applicants.