- The Construction Forman working with the Civil Engineer and will be Accountable for direct implementation and management of civil & hydraulic infrastructure construction and rehabilitation. they is responsible for the proper implementation of the construction & rehabilitation of civil infrastructures, hydraulic systems and related infrastructures. The position holder will implement and/or supervises construction and rehabilitation activities under the supervision of the Civil Engineer. They is responsible to ensure all constructed structures are safe and structurally sound.
- The position is encourage to work under the supervision of the Civil Engineer Officer and guarantee a smooth and effective execution of the construction & rehabilitation activities to the best quality and standard. Under the Guidance of the Civil Engineer they is responsible for the execution of the project activities in line with agreed timeline. The foreperson will assist the Civil Engineer in maintaining effective project-related operational processes and demonstrates consistent representation at all construction sites. The position also requires strong resource and time leadership skills
- The engineer will directly be engaged on the site management and implementation of the civil and hydraulic structures construction and rehabilitation activities, monitoring and reporting construction progresses to Engineer
Coordination & implementations:
- Under the supervision of the Engineer (Project manager) and efficiently administer the construction and rehabilitation Activity of the project at site level, supervise progress and provide updates as per requirements, and document and share overall all processes.
- Liaise with the Project Manager and effectively administer the construction & rehabilitation process and monitor lifecycle of all construction activities using project control mechanisms and maintain compliance to an efficient project schedule.
- Maintain and update all logs and document all estimates and change orders for Contractors and perform quantity survey.
- Capture, and record data related to project controls and update as per requirement and document all processes.
- Prepare physical layout for all construction sites and coordinate with Project Manager to administer and maintain all contracts and purchase orders and prepare an effective supply chain schedule.
- Be responsible for all engineering processes throughout the construction processes and ensure compliance to all regulations and evaluate all designs and drawings before implementation.
- Identify and resolve all technical issues throughout the construction process in consultation with the Project Manager.
- Prepare an effective construction schedule, prepare appraisal reports and submit to the Project Manager.
- Identify material lists and timely submit compiled document for procurement orders.
- Lead and ensure all materials supplied for the construction are in compliance with required quality, record all supplied and used materials, supplies and prepare progress reports for same.
- Maintain knowledge on all contract terms and legal requirements for all construction projects to avoid any delay in projects and provide support to all work groups and participate in various actively to ensure completion for all projects.
- Prepare effective construction schedule, lead the construction and rehabilitation activities, ensuring that they are scheduled and manage in accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Perform or Capturing, surveying operations to establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction activities.
- Be responsible for all aspects of the engineering processes throughout the construction & rehabilitation activities and provide domain expertise as the need arises.
- Perform regular check-up on procedure to ensure compliance to the IRC’s & Donor regulations and evaluate all designs and drawings before implementation.
- Draft physical layout for the construction & rehabilitation activities and coordinate with Senior EH Manager/Officer to administer and maintain construction contracts and procurement requests and prepare an effective work schedule.
- Provide technical support to the management processes of the project, maintain and update all logs, and document all estimates and change orders for outsourced construction works, and perform quantity survey and maintain compliance to an effective project schedule.
- Handle the production of or directly draft all the vital designs and bills of quantities, specification, vital drawings for the planned activities.
- Identify and change all technical issues throughout the project implementation.
- Design/use the construction progress tracking system, collect and maintain construction data, review takeoff sheets in accordance with the progress data and provide comment on payment request to program head.
- Participate in feasibility assessments and site surveys, preparation of concept notes, proposals and budgets for EH project formulation.
- Ensure the timely preparation of bulk activity implementation plans for project activities, compile and share to the Senior EH Manager.
- Support the Project manager in to ensure effective and proper utilization of the project budget.
- Participate and give while drafting the activity, procurement, spending plan in integration with the Project Manager, document after review and apply to supervise the implementation progress.
- Identify required construction materials, tools equipment and supplies and provide timely report for procurement, and follow-up procurement request status and ensure supply of materials, goods and equipment.
- Support in following up the financial expenditures through weekly real-time budget monitoring system (BvA), procurement tracking, provide reports and supply towards the efficient budget utilization.
- Conduct monthly BVA reviews and provide vital suggestion/recommendations to the Project Manager as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to the Supply Chain unit in procurement of materials, equipments, tools, work, services and goods in consultation with the Project .
- Draft monthly cash requirements and submit to the Project Manager.
- Closely follow up and work towards ensuring the planned project activities are implemented in a schedule and professional manner, in accordance with the project goal and objectives.
- Participate on the biannual project evaluation exercise, present project performance and defend the project progress as demanded.
- Ensure that all constructed/rehabilitated infrastructures meet the required design, specification and standard quality.
- Produce bulk construction plan in consultation with the Project Manager, update periodically and ensure that the progress is in line with the plan.
Reporting, documentation & database management
- Collect construction progress data and keep records on related activities in soft and hard copies.
- Draft report on project implementation progress on monthly/quarterly basis and submit to the Project Manager as per the schedule.
- Collect feedbacks, comments and recommendations and implement for change
- Maintain the consistency and quality of the monthly and quarterly reports to the end of the project period.
- Participate on meetings where important and provide briefing on construction progresses as demanded Discussion with the Project Manager.
- Collaborate closely with partners and represent the IRC at site level in relation to the project/grant as demanded.
- Participate on periodic site visits with partners in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor and/or Senior Managers.
- Capacity to work independently, and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to successfully and efficiently prioritize multiple, simultaneous, and sophisticated tasks and projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Verbal, written and communication skills.
- Basic English spoken and writing.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Data analytical and skill.
- Basic computer knowledge (word, excel)
- Degree/Diploma from University/TVET in Building, Construction Technology, or related fields.
- 2 years of related work experience for Diploma/TVET.
- 0 years of related work experience for First Degree.
- Experience in running large town water supply and sanitation infrastructures and contract administration.
- Experience in implementing multiple tasks.
- Positive and professional demeanour, able to coordinate, maintain composure, prioritize work under burden and meet due date.
- Knowledge of standards and guidelines in WASH infrastructure design and construction in urban settings.
- fluent in spoken and written English;
- Experience working in an NGO environment and for a not-for-profit organization is a plus.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above qualifications; please send your CV and application letter through the the following address or apply through the below links only.
Internal Career Site
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Please include at least 2 references from current and former supervisors.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.