PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Increase the overall reputation, trust, and income of World Vision Ethiopia. Provide strong strategic communications and marketing leadership for the organisation. Lead in the development and implementation of an integrated strategy for the building of a high-performance communications and marketing function that is managed, structured, focused, and staffed for productive and quality work. This strategy will identify the key communications and marketing needs of World Vision Ethiopia, while setting and steering strategic communications and marketing goals and processes that are contextualised to and in alignment with its core ministry functions and goals nationally and with our global strategy, Our
Promise. Ensuring alignment with global marketing and communications strategic objectives of; achieving high-quality and sustainable funding, ignite content, ignite global voices, and ignite staff.
- National communications and marketing strategy is developed, and subsequent operating implications are realised to ensure an efficient and integrated framework exists, providing overall leadership and ownership of all local income streams into the national office.
- A high performing marketing function is increasingly able to raise local sources of funding to support the ministry World Vision better and more sustainably.
- Income targets are met and exceeded.
- New products are developed and refined to continuously engage and gain support from private individuals and corporates.
- Children’s voices are amplified through high-quality, multi-purposed content that inspires and connects with target audiences.
- Impact-led content drives and grows engagement with key audiences, demonstrating World Vision expertise.
- Emergency communications content is available and timely, serving advocacy, marketing, and fundraising needs.
- Field, Technical Programme, Grant, Emergency communications are resourced, staffed, and focused – to deliver high-value content that is used internally and externally.
- Strategic media outreach and public engagement increases coverage of issues World Vision cares about and builds visibility and reputation, positioning World Vision as a trusted partner.
- Timely and strategic communications content grows website and digital traffic, increasing World Vision’s social community.
- Reputation risk is understood across senior leadership and is well managed.
- Leadership regularly engage with staff through tools that are simple, foster two-way dialogue and are appropriate to the context.
- Staff are aware of and participate in global and national moments, motivated to share stories, and communicate on key messages as World Vision Ambassadors.
- Build World Vision’s brand and equip a pool of spokespersons and thought leaders to effectively communicate World Vision’s mission, vision, and Christian identity.
- High performance of the Communications & Marketing Department, consisting of Creative Services, Public Engagement, Internal Engagement, Integrated Communications, Marketing Operations, Supporter Engagement, and Business Development, is ensured through the leading of; goal setting, prioritisation, process management, and relationship management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 10-years experience leading and managing marketing and communications teams in international humanitarian and development sector, business, or creative industries.
- Demonstrated experience managing corporate partnerships and developing major donor relationships.
- Advanced technical skills in at least one or more of the major areas of the job, such as; creative services, public engagement, corporate communications, marketing operations, supporter engagement, business development, etc.
- Proven experience of training and capacity building of others.
- Advanced level of computer proficiency, Mac and PC.
- Experience working with children and youth.
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Media, Journalism, Arts or similar.
- Professional certifications in any of the technical areas of communications, marketing, humanitarian and development sector advantageous.
- Fluency: English is required
- Basic knowledge: Amharic or other local language is desired. Willingness to learn.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the marketing, communication, and media industry.
- Thorough knowledge of international development, World Vision development practice, and marketing and communications needs.
- Working primarily in the head office in Addis Ababa, semi-regular travel locally and internationally will be required.
- Travel by road, flexibility with accommodation and dietary arrangements. Ability to partake in on-location production or live events.