Deadline: Oct 9, 2022
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
Professional Alliance for Development (PADet) is an Ethiopian civil society organization that runs various developmental programs at the community level in Ethiopia focusing on Reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, Child Development, Women Development and Livelihood promotion programs, Promotion of social accountability that empowers vulnerable women, children and youth in North Wollo Zone, South Wollo Zone, Awl Zone, South Gojam – Amhara Region, North Shoa Zone – Oromia Region, Oromia Special Woreda (Sululta) and selected woredas in the Afar region in partnership with various International donors(INGOs) and, Regional Government structures, National CSOs and the communities.
Currently, PADet would like to hire potential candidates for the position of Gender and Women empowerment Manager and Communication, RM, and MEAL officer based at the head office.
The officer shall have the following responsibilities [but not limited to]:
- Assist the Executive director to ensure proper implementation of Partnership and Institutional capacity building activities.
- Work to ensure the partnerships established with international and other development partners (including private sectors) are maintained.
- Lead/coordinate the overall capacity-building endeavours at organisation level
- Plan and organize resource mobilization events
- Conduct and/or coordinate promotional activities done by the organization which includes production of annual reports and good practice documentation disseminated for the public, donor groups and other supporters.
- Coordinate tasks of volunteers (including e- volunteers) by engaging them in critical gap filling support areas linked to achieving the objectives set in the strategic plan.
- Prepare and consolidate periodic technical and narrative reports of activities performed by the unit at organizational level,
- Work closely with the Program Director and other units to accomplish responsibilities in view of their complementary role for ensuring coordinated action and program implementation at organization level.
- Serve as project focal person to ease the communication with donors and facilitate coordinating work at organization level.
- Produce communication materials to be disseminated for different constituents
- Administer the web site and provide timely feedback to the readers/visitors
- Works with Media (TV or radio) stations to organize media sessions.
- Prepare documentation of good practices, cases, success of the SA tools that can be shared to pertinent actors and stakeholders.
- Support in the organization of mini media sessions and awareness creation and disseminate SA tool, CSC results, JAP (Joint Action Plan) and progress made on JAP to the public at large.
- Discharge responsibilities based on monthly and quarterly action plans as the performance of plans and job descriptions are the basis for staff performance evaluations.
Grade level: XI
Location: Head Office/Furi
Report to: Executive Director
Qualification, experience and attributes
- BA or BSC/MA/MSC in relevant professions with a minimum of 4 years solid experience in the advertised position
- Conscious of government, donor and PADet policies,
- Skill in Public Relation/PR, Documentation, Resource Mobilization/RM and project formulation, implementation and monitoring and data tracking
- Good leadership skills and competences,
- Good communication and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to withstand pressure,
- Use of computer and internet is highly desired
- Experience working in the NGO and other development actors is advantageous
How to Apply
Interested applicant should send their application with updated CV with supporting documents by contact address below within 10 consecutive days of the announcement. Only short-listed applicant will be considered for exam.
Address: Professional Alliance for Development (PADet)
Head office – P.O. Box:365, telephone 0113-69 4929/ 28/0989015124
Note: Use ” Communication, Resource Mobilization and MEAL Officer ” as the subject line of your email !