Stichting Wageningen Research (SWR) is an international NGO registered in Ethiopia since March 2021 with the FDRE Agency for Civil Society Organizations. The organization is established with the objectives of promoting a more resilient, inclusive and sustainable food systems in Ethiopia. One of the projects implemented by SWR is Resilient Agriculture for Inclusive and Sustainable Ethiopian Food Systems (RAISE FS).
RAISE FS project is a four year research for development program with a mission to leverage transformation in Ethiopian food systems covering the continuum from food insecure to the better –endowed households and regions in effort of realizing production surpluses, commodity commercialization, and food and nutritional security in a sustainable manner. The project will be implemented in partnership with the Federal MoA, regional BoA, Agricultural Research Institutes and universities.
We are looking for an experienced communication expert who can put the international Resilient Agriculture for Inclusive and Sustainable food systems (RAISE-FS) on the map. Our future colleague has a good network and understanding of the content matter, is familiar with regional, federal and international channels to share our work and can translate results into communication materials for different audiences reached through different media,.
- Responsible for external and internal communication of the programme
- Updates and implements RAISE-FS communication strategy
- Sets up mechanisms and liaise with RAISE-FS staff to stimulate information sharing, and systematically receive and compile relevant information in a timely manner
- Manages the corporate identity of RAISE-FS and maintain branding of RAISE-FS communication outputs
- Writes, edits and develops engaging content with text, images and other visual elements for different audiences including newsletters, briefs, annual reports, websites etc.
- Manages the RAISE-FS website and social media accounts
- Sources, makes and manages photos and videos of RAISE-FS activities and domains
- Documents change stories of RAISE-FS stakeholders
- Leads the development of outreach materials for different audiences, in close collaboration with RAISE-FS staff at international, federal and regional level
- Commissions specialist communication products like videos and infographics
- Liaise with the media and represent the programme at public events
What we offer
Depending on candidate’s education and work experience, we offer a competitive salary as per the organization scale which is negotiable within the range of the salary scale assigned for the position. We also offer other benefit packages as per the internal HR manual.
Project:Resilient Agriculture for Inclusive and Sustainable Ethiopian food systems (RAISE-FS)
Duration: Four years, subject to annual renewal based on performance
Reports to: RAISE-FS Project Manager
The kind of person we are looking for
A communication expert with a proven track record and extensive network in agricultural development, sustainable development and/or food systems transformation. We seek a results-oriented expert who can collaborate effectively in an international team with sensitivity for cultural differences in the regions. You are a team player and bring excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills, which make you a reliable, approachable and supportive colleague to work with.
Education, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- MSc/MA in communication, knowledge management, or science publishing. Agriculture related training is plus.
- Communication expert with minimum of 7 years’ experience working in agricultural research for development organizations/projects
- Excellent writing skills, ability produce effective content with text and visuals for different audiences,
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Amharic.
- Familiar with online tools for sharing information both externally as well as internally. Experience with Word press and SharePoint are a plus
- Outgoing personality and good network
- Good background in agriculture and/or sustainable development.
- Excellent skills / proficiency in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher (or other publishing software), and image editing software. Preferably also skills in illustration and video editing software.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to apply by sending a motivation letter with updated CV by email at info.SWREthiopia@gmail.com within 10 working days starting from the date of announcement. Please include the position title of the application in the subject line.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!