Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position.
Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for implementing strategies that enhance EHRC’s image, influence, and engagement with the general public and key audiences. Manage the media and communication groups, build and maintain a strong organizational reputation, increase the visibility of the Commission.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes, enhances, and protects the organization’s brand reputation, and the visibility of the Commission.
- Engages various audiences—including thought leaders, policymakers, stakeholders, and donors by channeling EHRC’s programs, and priorities.
- Generate a communication strategy that will allow EHRC’s leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media, key influencers, and online audiences.
- Develop narrative strategies for EHRC priority areas, including messaging, talking points, story development and more.
- Thoughtfully and proactively identify emerging issues and challenges faced by the organization.
- Work with leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Develop strategy for comprehensive use of media, rebranding and visibility of the Commission.
- Oversee implementation of all EHRC’s communication strategies including websites and digital platforms; print communications including the annual report; media relations; government relations; events; and arts/entertainment engagement.
- Exercise judgment to prioritize digital and media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed.
- Implement new digital strategies to build online support through adoption of digital tools, platforms and data analytics.
- Actively engage, cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding EHRC’s programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects.
- Ensures comprehensive use of media and visibility of the Commission.
- Disseminates key messages across the Commission.
- Manages content delivered through internal communication channels.
- Coordinate the development of editorial policy.
- Training staff on how to use media.
- Coordinate daily media monitoring and sharing.
- Capturing media moments (advocacy moments).
REPORTS TO: Communication and Media Director
DURATION: Open Contract
SALARY RANGE: Gross monthly salary of ETB 25,756.00 – ETB 30,676.00 plus ETB 8,000.00 Housing allowance and ETB 1,900.00 Transport allowance, depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history
- MA/BA in Journalism, Communication, Public Relations, International Studies, Political Science and other related field.
- 8 years of relevant experience for BA and 6 years of relevant experience for MA
- Experience in management of resources
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Amharic and English is required.
- Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
Please include the name of the position on the subject of the email
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam