The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation of the OTP program in the woreda. S/He will mainly be responsible for the weekly implementation of the OTP and outreach works and responsible for the Medical supervisionand clinical care for patients in, on job training to nurses and nutrition workers in the management ofsevere acute malnutrition and supervision of nurses and the nutrition workers. In addition, the position holder is also expected to provide Medical supervision and clinical care for patients in and its complications and also expected to provide a consistent and high quality technical support in relation to establishing and strengthening OTP sites, and provide training to HEW and nutrition workers in the management of severe malnutrition without medical complication. S/He will monitor Community Health Workers and volunteers in strengthening the community mobilization and outreach component of the program. S/He will mainly be responsible for the Biweekly implementation of the OTP and outreach works in collaboration with the government.
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Coordinate and facilitate implementation of activities and prepare weekly movement plan to OTP, TSFP and SC/TFU sites
- Monitor implementation of OTP and SC/TFU and program quality
- Facilitate essential drugs, supplies and therapeutic products and follow up stock continuously and request supplies earlier.
- Facilitate training, on job training and work closely with MOH staffs at Health posts, Health center and hospital and district level.
- Organize daily, weekly and monthly over view and reports of OTP, SC/TFU & TSFP and share with the CMAM officer.
- Ensure children discharged from SC/TFU are transferred to nearby OTP to continue their therapeutic treatment
- Adherence to medical and nutritional treatment protocols and procedures for children and infants in OTP
- Provide onsite training to HEW and nurses on the Management of SAM without medical complications
- Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, Plumpnut and drug stock control balance form)
- Receive weekly reports from HEW at weekly basis, cross check the completeness and accuracy, and submit to Woreda Project CMAM Officer
- Mentoring and assist HEW/HEW in decision of patients who are at severe risks and need to be transferred to nearby hospital when they become SAM with complications
- Assist HEWs and Health workers in identifying patients who need to be transferred from OTP to SC, patients with failure-to respond to treatment and patients who need to be discharged.
- In charge of OTP quality program implementation and monthly OTP activity should be linkage with OTP discharged
- Responsible for supervising and manage plumy nut for those which SAM cases and ensure availability of required material like MUAC, registration books, Pen, weight scale, thermometer and pumply nut
- Participate in capacity building training like receiving and given on job training during the health education sessions and ENA/BCC application
- Follow up absentees/defaulters, cure rate, coverage rate, Death rate and keep current record of both beneficiaries and the staff (in both Health Centers and Health post/HW/HEW).
- Supports the program integration with Woreda Health officer, Hospitals, Health canters and health post through on job trainings and supervisions in timely
- Fixed the multi chart at every Hospital, HC and HP, put every visibility in our operation area who is doing what.
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly report should be printed and keep the record in the health facilities.
- Participate coordination meeting taken place in the health facilities and report the feedback to the office
- Prepare and send weekly and monthly consumption for OTP programme
|BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Qualifications and certifications:
- Diploma/ Bachelor in Nursing, Nutritionist or Public Health.
- Minimum three years working experience with NGOs out of which two year in OTP/TFU/TSFP settings.
- Knowledge, training and experience in management of MAM and SAM with/without medical complication
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
- Strong computer (Microsoft skills), and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good command in written and spoken Amharic, English and Local language is essential.
- Good human relation skills.
- Respect of Save the Children rules by anyone visiting the program;