· Focus on play and active participation in activities that give children rest and learning. Sports and cultural activities are part of this activity. If one sees that our staff or our volunteers do not follow the guidelines for learning through play and recreation, it is the task supervisors to intervene and supervise
· Ensure that all children who arrive in our CFC is properly registered and have safe care as long as they stay there.
· Ensure that CFS is properly staffed throughout opening hours. Supervisor is required to register the correct attendance and absence for our volunteers and the rest of the staff. Supervisor will report absence/ delayed attendance to line manager.
· Make sure that there is absolutely zero tolerance for corporal punishment or aggression from our volunteers, guards or other staff. If this occurs, the Supervisor must immediately reprimand the person and provide a written report to the CP officer, who is obliged to take necessary steps. Supervisor shall also ensure that our zero tolerance for all forms of physical punishment / aggression, motorized vehicles, tobacco or consumption of chat at our CFS, is made known to all who are committed by Save the Children. All such cases shall be immediately reported to the CP officer
· Present weekly/monthly and quarterly project status report to CP officer, which will include activity progress, and highlight any areas which need special management attention.
· Undertake site supervision to review status of project implementation and to advice or any corrective action that needs to be taken.
Any other duties as assigned by the line manager and/or the SCI management
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPEREINCE
· Diploma in social work, child care or related degree is preferable.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en