Location: Addis Ababa
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership for the project; be accountable to WV and the donor/CIFF/ for all project deliverables; and assume technical and management responsibility for all project personnel. He/she will be the primary liaison for the project with the donor, relevant government ministries and implementing partners, technical agencies and other stakeholders, ensuring alignment and harmonization with other programming where appropriate.
1. Provide strategic leadership and technical oversight for Water4Life+ Project throughout planning and implementation processes and ensures integration, coherence, harmonization and sustainability of the water projects to maximize impact and contribution for the goal of the grant project.
2. Promote accountability to WV and the donor/CIFF/ for all project deliverables; and assume technical and management responsibility for all project personnel.
3. Develop and regularly update a detailed project work plan guiding the project implementation and ensure this is used by the project team to monitor project progress.
4. Ensure identification and resolution of issues and risks related to the project implementation, including compliance with WV and CIFF policies and procedures for grant management, sound financial monitoring, control and management.
5. Engage in and ensure proper liaison for the project with the donor, relevant government ministries and implementing partners, technical agencies and other stakeholders, make sure alignment and harmonization with other programming where appropriate.
6. Represent project at national, regional, and global technical meetings, workshops and forums as required promoting learning and documentation.
7. Engage in and ensure that appropriate human resource performance monitoring mechanisms with proper coaching and mentoring are practiced to enhance smooth staff relations and accountability.
8. Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peace building and Christian commitment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Experience on water supply system planning and implementation, water Policy and WASH Governance matters. WASH program management, contract administration and construction management.
2. Qualification required: M.Sc /B.Sc Degree in Water Resource Management Engineering, Water Supply Engineering, Water Policy and other related fields.
3. Experience: 16 yrs for M.Sc and 18yrs for B.Sc with minimum of 10 years on WASH programs leadership experience in an international NGO or similar organization.
Team management exposure and basic computer knowledge (word, Excel) and advanced knowledge of current up-to-date design software.
Effective in written and verbal communication in English.