Purpose of the position:
The Chief Mechanic is responsible to coordinate the overall repair, maintenance and replacement of WASH/Water4Life+ Project Drilling Capital Equipment, trucks and vehicles. Moreover, he facilitates purchase of spare parts, maintenance, repairs, and any supplies and follow-up with appropriate unit of supply chain. Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
· Lead & coordinate the overall repair, maintenance and periodic services of drilling rigs, compressors, on-boarded engines, in alignment with the maintenance manual provided by the manufacturer and complemented by Donor/WVE vehicle maintenance and repair policy.
· Organize and prepare annual maintenance and service plan for drilling machines, support trucks and light vehicles in collaboration with rig mechanic, mechanic drivers, drillers and officers.
· Identify/ prepare detail specification of spare parts and fast moving supplies, request purchase and follow-up procurement process.
· Review performance based payments and cost recovery charging documents before submission to drilling operations manager.
· Coordinate and engage in well completion report preparation, drilling site verification, and reviewing groundwater source feasibility study documents.
· Ensure that borehole-drilling works are underway in compliance with community needs, donor’s requirements, WV and government policies and national standards.
· Coordinate and prepare annual drilling operations and verification plan in consultation with project design team and field office.
· Prepare technical manuals that provide guidance to the field staff and take part in planning, facilitating and conducting trainings on WASH related programs to drilling & EM team, field hydrogeologists and partners.
· Work closely with drilling operations officers, hydrogeologist and manager and other WVE colleagues to ensure smooth drilling operations.
· Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peace building and Christian commitment
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
§ Minimum 10 years’ experience in truck, drilling rig and compressor maintenance.
§ Technical Training qualifications required: Professional technical skill desired (rig, compressor and truck maintenance) and other relevant experience.
Education, training, license, registration, and certification
§ Diploma in Auto mechanics.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
§ Driving license Grade-3 or equivalent
§ Basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel, Outlook, power-point)
Required Travel and/or Work Environment
· Travel to sites (about 45%) domestic
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies