Deadline: Jun 20, 2022
Internal/ External Vacancy Announcement
Professional Alliance for Development (PADet) is an Ethiopian civil society organization which runs various developmental programs at community level in Ethiopia focusing on Reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, Child development, Women development and Livelihood promotion programs, Promotion of social accountability that empowers vulnerable women, children and youth in North Wollo Zone, South Wollo Zone, Awl Zone, South Gojam, South Gondar – Amhara Region, North Shoa Zone – Oromia Region, Oromia Special Woreda (Sululta) and selected woredas in the Afar region and in Addis Ababa in partnership with various International donors and INGOs, Regional Government structures, National CSOs and the communities.
Currently, PADet would like to hire potential candidates in the following positions for its project (“Promoting Family Planning (FP) and Maternal Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) through Social Accountability Activities”) which will soon start implementation in the South Wollo Zone of Amhara region in partnership with Palladium/USAID.
Responsible for petty cash handling, payments to and from the organization as per PADet’s procedure, compile financial supporting documents; prepare monthly cash book and coding on documents.
- Handle petty cash fund, follow up bank transactions, collect and effect payment to and from the organization as per PADet and donor financial policies and procedures,
- Provide secretarial services, assist in report writing and compilation
- Handle communications with PADet and other offices;
- Handle personal file of staffs, project agreement files and reports.
- Make sure all advances are settled as per the procedure and report to his/her immediate supervisor for unsettled advances if any,
- Discharge responsibilities based on monthly and quarterly action plans
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Grade level: II
Location: field office – Dessie
Report to: Accountant
Number of staff required: one
Education qualification, experience & skill
- Diploma/BA degree in accounting
- minim of two-year experience; NGOs experience is preferable
- Good communication skill,
- Literacy in Computer like MS-Word, Excel and Access
- Knowledge of local language & working procedure
How to Apply
Interested applicant should send their application with updated CV and testimonial documents through our contact address within 7 consecutive days of the announcement. Only short listed applicant shall be considered for exam.
Address: Professional Alliance for Development (PADet)
Head office – Addis Ababa – P.O. Box:365, telephone 0113-694928/29/0989015124
Note: Use “Cashier Secretary” as the subject line of your email!
Women Applicants are highly encouraged to apply.