I. JOB SUMMARY:
Amref Health Africa is seeking a Capacity Building and Partnership Advisor to lead its partnership development, cultivation and organizational capacity building activities of key strategic partners and local stakeholders for its Integrated Youth Activity. The Advisor will support a diverse range of Ethiopian Civil Society Organizations (CSO), partners and youth coalitions, and take the lead in their organizational development and systems strengthening activities. The candidate will design and implement tailored capacity building activities, strengthening the technical and operational capacities of the partners. Another key activity for the Advisor will be monitoring each partner to ensure timely implementation of activities, and that quality requirements and standards are met, and the allocated budget is appropriately utilized. With extensive experience working in the development sector in Ethiopia, the position requires a candidate with strong capacity building, partnership and communication skills. The position will be based in the Addis Ababa Country office with travel to project areas as necessary.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Advisor will have the following duties and responsibilities:
· Lead the design of capacity development activities for partners including developing required tools, conduct organizational capacity needs assessment, and develop a needs-based capacity building plan;
· Plan and implement capacity building activities for partner organizations in collaboration with project staff and provide on-going support and opportunities for partners to enhance their institutional performance;
· Develop technical capacity plans for partners focusing on Ethiopian CSOs and youth coalitions in participatory youth programming and overall project result delivery while ensuring alignment with IYA’s priorities and strategies;
· Facilitate the technical twinning of IYA Ethiopian CSOs, international partners, and private resource partners to exchange expertise and lessons learned;
· Design and facilitate on-the-job learning (peer-to-peer), mentoring, and coaching in line with IYA’s staff development approach and priorities;
· Support partners’ project implementation activities and provide the necessary capacity building activities to ensure timely and effective project implementation;
- Ensure quality in program implementation addressing identified capacity gaps, and provide ongoing capacity building support;
- Develop and implement sustainable capacity building programs and strategies;
Partnership and Networking
· Develop and manage partnership with project implementing partners, local stakeholders and other strategic partners to support the delivery of project activities;
· Access opportunities for new partnerships with youth coalitions and effectively establish new relationships that meet project needs;
- Work in close partnership with IYA’s private sector partners, providing capacity building support to the IYA; Follow up on training, supportive supervision activities and planned deliverables committed by the private partner;
· In collaboration with the communication team, develop and implement a communication plan to promote partners’ activities at federal, regional and city levels;
· At the request of the CD, COP/PD, represent IYA with the Ethiopian government, UN agencies, other donors, Ethiopian Civil Society Organizations and partner NGOs;
- Travel to project target areas when requested to support field project activities, capacity building and partnership building efforts;
Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with IYA partners and stakeholders to enhance multi-partners and multi-sectoral cooperation and coordination;
- In collaboration with project MEL team and in line with project’s logframe, develop a monitoring approach that captures outcome/output level results for capacity building activities and produce periodic progress reports as required;
- Develop and implement plans for continuous learning and adaptation to ensure learnings and best practices in operation and technical areas are cross-fertilized across partners;
- Coordinate internal and external learning meetings, workshops, and training events in collaboration with partners and stakeholders;
- Facilitate the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned from the project among the consortium and stakeholders;
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Management, Organizational Design & Development, Business Administration, International Development, or other relevant social science fields. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum ten years of professional experience and demonstrated practical skills in the NGO sector.
- At least five years of senior level experience demonstrating technical expertise in capacity building and partnership management in a non-profit, international organization.
- Proven track record and enthusiasm for working collaboratively with a range of multi sectoral partners.
- Proven experience in working with, and building capacity of programs with local CSOs, higher learning institutions and government bodies in-country, and working collaboratively with partners and/or key stakeholders; Strong training facilitating skills.
- Deep experience in organizational development and partnership building in the context of development programming, including knowledge of best practices and sustainable approaches for engaging with local organizations.
- Demonstrated experience designing and conducting capacity assessment of local organizations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Amharic.
- Knowledge of organizational development and capacity building.
- Demonstrated skills in building, mobilizing and working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong strategic management and leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of project cycle management.
How to Apply
If you would like to join Amref’s team, please quote the position/reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter with remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, through Etrecruitment@amref.org, or to the Human Resources Department, Amref Health Africa by P.O Box 20855/1000, Addis Ababa.
The closing date for submitting applications is September 26, 2021. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Ø Telephone call to the office is strongly forbidden.
Ø Candidates MUST refer the position title on the subject line of their email and application.
Ø Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.