MG Consultancy is a private company and has tangible work experience in integrated development activities which includes conducting labor & organizational development, labor market assessment, baseline and end line research, developing training manuals and training provision services for various projects and programs of International NGOs and Local and Foreign Direct Investor Industries in Ethiopia and other East Africa Countries. We believe working with partnership with all relevant actors and individuals is a key to bring sustainable employment opportunities for women and youth as well as positive outcome for children and the whole community.
MG is implementing “Strengthening Cooperative Training for Enhanced Employment of Women and Youth (SCOTEEWAY) project in Addis Ababa”. The project is a one year matching fund award obtained from Livelihood Improvement Women and Youth (LI-WAY) Program of Mercy Corps with technical support of Save the Children International (SCI). The Overall, objective of the project is to create livelihood opportunities for 1,600 women and youth with low schooling through provision of high-quality cooperative training in short term training programs in 12 months in Addis Ababa.
MG Consultancy is planning to engage qualified data collectors with proven skills in both qualitative and quantitative data collection in Addis Ababa.
The purpose of collecting partner and beneficiary level base line data is to be used as base line information to implement the SCOTEEWAY project, this engagement is to collect qualitative and quantitative data at selected seven Sub-Cites in Addis Ababa from about 11 partners and 1600 women and youth beneficiaries respectively in two different phases.
Scope of Work
The data collectors shall collect the data using pre designed data collection instruments (excel format for quantitative data and semi structured questioners for qualitative data). The data collectors shall present the collected data based on the provided format.
Outputs and Deliverables
- Deliver the qualitative data/result report based on the provided semi structured questioners. The data collectors will provide separate result report or answer for each questions accordingly.
- Deliver the quantitative data for 1,600 women and youth using the pre designed excel format survey tool.
- Submit the final collected data in the form of result report and excel format report.
- For qualitative data both raw hand writing document which were directly collected from partners and report compiled in computer (result report which is written separately for each questioner).
- For quantitative the excel format data base will be used.
Duration of the assignment
It is proposed that the assignment will take a total of 2 weeks for qualitative data including data collection and final result report writing in computer. The qualitative data collectors are expected to undertake the assignment in the month of October 2021. For quantitative data collectors the assignment will be delivered with pre planned occasional scheduled.
Responsibilities of Data Collectors
- Attend the induction session prepared by MG Consultancy. The data collectors shall sign the code of conduct and entire data collection agreement document and adhere to it.
- Carry out the data collection:
- Responsible for translating and using the data collection tool into local language possibly Amharic
- Record all the obtained answers from beneficiaries and partners using the data collection tool.
- Prepare and submit comprehensive, coherent, well-structured first draft report of the collected data MG Consultancy.
- Submit the raw data for qualitative questions which were collected directly from the partners.
- Use her/is own computer for quantitative data collection as well as qualitative data report writing.
- Present the result in the consultation meeting session for MG Consultancy staff
- Submit the final data both in hard raw data and soft copy (for qualitative data) and soft copy excel base line survey tool for quantitative data. The soft copy report shall be submitted in CD-Room and email as well.
Responsibilities of MG Consultancy
- Provide the predesigned data collection instruments for the data collector
- Facilitate induction session on the ethical consideration and LIWAY project partner child safeguarding policy and code of conduct and expected tasks of data collection for the data collectors.
- Description of overall objectives, targets and scope of the study
- Description of the survey instruments (quantitative excel based questionnaires and KII guideline questions).
- Explain Administrative issues and planning of field work; and
- Briefing on contacting procedures, consent forms and confidentiality.
- Ensure the data collectors are understood the data collection instruments,
- Train on procedures of collecting data, interview techniques, proper recording of responses, use of excel survey base line data collection tool.
- Train on how easily monitor data accuracy and consistency, and management of risks and challenges that may emerge during data collection. The training will be conducted by survey team leader and research coordinators through face to face session. The training includes, but not limited to, the following;
- Provide timely and comprehensive comments/feedback to the collected data outputs and reports across the data collection process
- Organize review meeting for the collected data with MG Consultancy staff.
- Ensure that the comments/feedback given on the draft report are fully incorporated in the final report
- Facilitate payments of the service as per the contract agreement and on accomplishment of the task according to the service agreement.
- A social science background, e.g. higher education (BA/ MA in Management, Education, Psychology, Economics, Development studies, social work or related field.
- Not less than two years of experience in collecting data with relevant government, NGOs and private business companies.
- A good understanding of women, youth and Person with disabilities employment project work and critical ethical consideration in data collection process.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible data collectors who would like to apply for this data collection work are required to submit soft copies of their CV and one page expression of interest letter with the expected daily professional fee for data collection up to October 09/2021 before 5:00 PM by the following email address, firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed applicants will be communicated. We highly encourage to apply qualified women and person with disabilities.
MG Consultancy has full right to completely or partially cancel the call/bid.