September 20, 2021
Post Title: Audiovisual and Digital Media Officer
Report to: Administratively to Senior Project Officer and Technically to Communications Coordinator
Duty Station: Afar Regional State, Logia
Salary: As per the organizations scale
Duration: Four months
Islamic Relief is an international relief and development charity founded in 1984 with its headquarters in Birmingham, UK. As well as responding to disasters and emergencies, Islamic Relief promotes sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities – regardless of race, religion or gender. The office officially started operation in Ethiopia in 2004. Islamic Relief Ethiopia (IRE) is operational in the Somali Regional State with a base office in Hargelle, Elkere, Bare, Dekasuftu, Jigjiga, Afar Regional State; Ewa & Gulina, Oromia Regional State base in Chiro and Meayso and an additional operational office in Addis Ababa. For more information please visit our website: http://www.islamic-relief.org/work-with-us
The Audio-visual and digital media officer has the responsibility of strengthening the communication activities of the organization by producing high-quality media materials for the field office, country office and IRW from production to post-production process of camera pieces, photographs and other communications materials.
Duties and responsibilities
· Assisting the communications activities of the organization, under the direction of the Communications coordinator.
· Designing and executing information/marketing/advocacy campaigns using multi-faceted (multilingual, multimedia) digital and traditional formats. This task includes taking and digital editing of high-quality photographs and videos, developing content for social media and websites of Islamic Relief.
· Consult with donors, the country office and IRW from production to post-production process of camera pieces, photographs and other communications materials
· Monitoring the organization’s brand on social media.
· Ensure the proper audio-visual documentation of Islamic Relief’s interventions in the operational areas.
· Conduct needs assessment of program staff on the development of communication material development or social media coverage.
· Conduct needs assessment of the field and country office staff on the development of communication, visibility and branding materials development or social media content.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Journalism and Mass Communication, film studies, cinematography, digital and multi-media, including photography, videography and video editing, or related field with a minimum of two years of experience working NGO sectors in digital and multi-media tasks.
· Good understanding of the humanitarian sector.
· Prior successful work experience in social media and digital media content production, photography videography, case study and stories writing.
· Training and skills in graphics design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and Adobe illustrator.
· Training and proficiency with photography, video camera and editing.
· Must provide strong portfolio for photographs, videos, graphics design and editing works.
· Solid experience, skills and training with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut).
· Ability to function in and adapt appropriately to a fast-moving, cross-unit team environment.
· Excellent communication skills, including social media and multimedia skills, plus strong
· Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
· Excellent command of English (written, oral, comprehension) including highly developed
drafting skills. Fluency in the main language(s) of the country and duty station in question is highly
· Must be available to travel to all Islamic Relief operational areas to develop professional communication, branding and visibility materials.
· Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
Safeguarding and Equal Opportunity
Islamic Relief and Islamic Relief staff considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and people at risk to be paramount to the organization. And must adhere the principle of ‘do no harm and leave no one behind.’ It is critical we do not expose communities or staff we work with to the risk of harm through our interventions. With a zero tolerance approach Islamic Relief have a number of related policies which also describe standards in behavior expected from the organization, its staff and representatives towards each other and those we serve. Islamic Relief is committed to responding swiftly, appropriately and constructively to any and all information children, young people and people at risk have disclosed.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. We participate in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme and will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and child abuse during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment before signing the contract agreement.
Islamic Relief believes everyone has the right to be safe, respected and valued regardless of who they are or their circumstances, and an equal employment opportunity to all candidates and qualified applicants, we do not discriminate on the base of age, sex, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability status and diversity.
How to Apply
· Interested candidates are required to submit a complete Job application form with all required supporting documents (copy of credentials and testimonials) through Ethiopia.HR@islamic-relief.org.et.
· You can access the Job Application Form with this link: http://www.islamic-relief.org.et/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Employment-Application-form-1.docx. Failure to follow the instructions will invalidate your application.
· Closing date for the application is September 27, 2021.
· Due to the high volume of application, we regret that we will be able to contact only the shortlisted candidates.