Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position.
Purpose of the Job:
Provide overall support in day to day activities of the function related to Human Rights.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in monitoring on selected institutions to assess whether their policies and procedures are in compliance with international and regional human rights standards;
- Assist in investigation of cases of human rights violations involving Persons with disabilities and older person as needed;
- Support in mainstreaming of persons with disabilities and older person rights as relevant in other EHRC’s activities and programming;
- Support in researching and compiling data to support development new guidelines, policies and laws;
- Support in drafting various human rights reports, communications, briefing notes, statement or other products;
- Support in following up on recommendations forwarded by EHRC and deliver statistics and trend reports as required;
- Support team members in maintaining contacts with technical staff of various partners focusing on monitoring of persons with disabilities and older person rights;
- Support in mapping of stakeholders and set up referral system to provide support to persons with disabilities and older person who suffered human rights violation and are in need of support;
- Assist in conducting capacity-building activities on relevant human rights and in developing and implementing training programmes;
- Support on awareness raising and campaigns on persons with disabilities and older person rights to ensure adherence to national and international protection standards and guidelines;
- Perform additional assignments and delegations given by the Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director, Disability and Older Persons Rights
DURATION: Open Contract
SALARY RANGE: Gross monthly salary of ETB 16,515- ETB 19,670 plus ETB 6,000.00 Housing allowance and ETB 1,500.00 Transport allowance, depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history
Qualifications and Experience:
- MA/BA in Human Rights, Law, LLM in International Law or LLB. Candidates who doesn’t have law or human Right’s studies but with exceptional practical experience can be considered.
- Computer literate;
- Zero years of experience for MA holders.
- 2 years of relevant experience or 6-12 month participation on Young Leaders Program(Internship Program)
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Amharic is required.
- Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous;
How to Apply
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
Please include the name of the position on the subject of the email
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam