Purpose of the Job:
- To support in the day-to-day activities of monitoring and investigation activities and projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist investigation of human rights complaints assigned to him/her,
- Support to decisions in consultation with coordinators and Senior Human Rights Officers.
- Assist in monitoring of places of detention and draft reports
- Contribute to human rights monitoring during emergencies
- Support in Proposing areas for systemic investigation and refer them to thematic functions in consultation with the coordinator
- Participate in managing partnerships and relationships with stakeholders
- Assist in conducting research on human rights issues as appropriate
- Contribute to input revisions of guidelines, manuals, and tools
- Perform other related duties as assigned by executives.
REPORTS TO: Coordinator, Monitoring and Investigation/Regional Director
DURATION; Open Contract
SALARY RANGE; Gross monthly salary of ETB 16,515.00 – ETB 19,670.00 plus ETB 6,000.00 Housing allowance and ETB 1,500.00 Transport allowance, depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history
Qualifications and Experience:
- MA/BA Degree Law, LLM, Human Rights Law, International Law.
- Zero years of experience for MA holders.
- 2 years relevant experience or 6-12 months participation on Young Leaders Program (Internship Program)
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Amharic is required.
- Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the name of the position on the subject of the email
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 6th of October, 2021.