HelpAge International(www.helpage.org) is the secretariat to the HelpAge Global Network, which brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working to promote the rights and meet the needs of older women and men, nationally and/or internationally. At the core of this network, are civil society members, a group of civil society organisations working with older people around the world. These organisations share a vision of a world in which all older people are valued, and lead dignified, healthy and secure lives. HelpAge has been operating in Ethiopia since 1992 and has been involved on thematic sectors including social protection, health and wellbeing, emergency response, capacity building of partners and advocacy efforts.
Since 2014, HelpAge International has been responding to the needs of south Sudanese refugees’ influx with special focus on specific needs of older people and PWDs in Gambella region. These humanitarian response project will be implemented with full engagement of older people and other persons with specific needs and in close consultation and coordination with ARRA, UNHCR and other humanitarian actors involved in various sectors of refugee responses.
We are looking for motivated and self-driven individuals for the various positions in Gambella and Addis Ababa. Read the below cross-cutting points applicable for all positions.
- Our Values: Everyone who works at HelpAge share our values and are committed to behaviors that demonstrate and support them.
- Inclusive: We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
- Impact: We value and recognize the contribution of our staff and network members, as we put older people at the center of everything we do.
- Partners: We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
- Learning :We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions.
The idle candidate will collaborate with the project team in the field and support and work closely with the Finance, HR and Admin officer. She/ he provide a comprehensive and effective financial, administrative service to the field office in Gambella and settle payments and keep records of store items. She/ he will provide administrative and technical support and play a leading role in promoting and representing HelpAge’s humanitarian programme and principles to key internal and external audiences.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY TASKS
- Ensure the availability of adequate petty cash as per the limit stated in the financial guidelines of HelpAge; Handle payments and receipts and process according to the established rules and procedures.
- Prepare payment vouchers and effect payment as approved by the responsible person designated; Make sure that vouchers are checked, verified and approved by Project coordinator.
- Keep complete and accurate documentation; Travel to field to facilitate and effect payments.
- Update the cashbook and submit monthly the reconciled account to her/ his line manager.
Administration and Property Management
- Handle in receiving and issuing store goods/items; update stock card and submit monthly stock movement by fifth of the following months.
- Organise the provision of efficient administrative support to staff and teams.
- Organise the efficient, cost-effective and reliable provision of IT services.
- Be responsible for processing the documents required for legal compliance in Ethiopia.
- Overall responsibility for the central/main filing systems, both paper and electronic.
Department: Humanitarian program
Responsible to: Finance, HR and Admin Officer
Duty Station: Gambella Field Office
Length of Contract: One year with possibility of extension
Key Relationship: Internal: Work closely with Finance, HR and HR officer, Finance office and Finance Manager in Addis; Emergency Programme Coordinators/Officers in the field.
- University degree in accounting with at least 5 years of experience for Diploma holders and 2 years for BA in accounting; Experience of cash handling and stock management
- Extensive experience in administrative activities in a busy office environment, report writing and compiling monthly information.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral English and Amharic
- Ability to manage filing systems quickly and systematically and willing to travel and live-in remote locations. Use of excel, word processing, email is a requirement.
- Experience in Non-governmental – organisations (NGOs) in Ethiopia is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Financial and administrative management.
- Strong knowledge on spreadsheet and its use are the requirements.
How to Apply
A covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, including your expected salary.
An updated curriculum vitae (CV) not more than 4 pages, with a minimum of two referees, including your most recent line manager.
Send your application by email to email@example.com before the closing date. Indicate the vacancy reference No. and the post you are applying in subject line of your mail.
Please do not email any of your personal details (such as date of birth, marital status and religion or other characteristics).
HelpAge International is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting, and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation. We encourage and facilitate a flexible working environment.
Everyone has a role in creating and sustaining a safe and respectful working environment, where no one comes to any harm or is maltreated. At HelpAge we take our responsibilities very seriously and will take action against wrongdoing. We will do everything we can to ensure that we do not engage people that pose a safeguarding risk and will undertake criminal record checks as required.
Females are encouraged to apply.