As an International Christian Humanitarian Development organization, World Vision Ethiopia (WVE) is trusted to deliver integrated programs with target communities through its 51 Area programs (APs) located in seven regional states of the country. WVE envisions a thriving organization where our strong leadership at all levels results in improved delivery of results for children.
Purpose of the position:
Assist the driller in a drilling crew being an assistant driller, collect lithological data, check regularly fuel and lubricants of all engines, and supervise the proper setting of the drilling tools.
· Assist the chief driller in organizing drilling operations.
· Collect lithologic data and other relevant information during drilling activities.
· Check regularly fuel and lubricants of all engines on the drilling machine and compressor
· Supervise the proper setting of the drilling tools.
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
· Educational level required: 10+1, 10+2, 10+3 or 10+4 TVET in Auto mechanics, General Mechanics, woodwork or metalwork
· Technical Training qualifications required: Auto mechanics, General Mechanics, woodwork or metalwork
· Experience: experiences in drilling for at least one (1) year.
· Preferred: 10+3 , 10+4 (Auto mechanics, General Mechanics, woodwork/metalwork)
· Driving License Grade 3 is Mandatory.
· Other: NGO experience is preferred.
Working Environment / Conditions:
· Work environment: Frequent travel to the field for drilling.
· Travel: 100% Domestic.
Additional requirements: Committed to WV’s vision, mission, and core values
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach the Current CV with three references & fill the employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org.
World Vision has zero-tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies