The Area Finance Manager, East Area Office will report to the Area Office Manager – East, and dotted line with Head of finance control and Compliance, and deliver dynamic and robust financial and operational leadership and take responsibility for financial management, control and reporting of the field operations. The role holder will be accountable for setting, and coordinating the financial and operational aspects of the annual and strategic business plans and setting and measuring appropriate objectives and targets. In addition, he/she expected to support the Area Office manager in the managing and reporting of risk across their Area Offices and ensure that appropriate mitigating controls are in place.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Become a valued business partner to the Area Office and field operation program leaders and finance staff and help them to achieve their objectives
- Communicate monthly & year spending plans for each FO
- Work closely with FO accountants to track spending and monitor operational KPIs
- Monitor financial gap and control spending on NTC of the filed office under the area office management
- Attends BvA meetings & hold a meeting with field office & Area office managers to discuss field offices performances
- Assist field offices in preparation of their master budgets & work closely with the FO manager and budget holders when phasing budget.
- Support the decentralization effort of the Country Office and provide advice to the Area office manager on financial matters
- Provide budget holder and other training to build the capacity of the operational team.
Financial control & compliance
- To support, monitor and test field-based finance team adherence to accounting and internal control and reporting requirements, policies and procedures of the organization and various donor and statutory requirements
- To ensure that field offices meet accounting timetables and schedules
- Conduct processes and systems reviews and ensure that the Finance systems throughout the field office are improved to facilitate the delivery of improved financial information and an increased ability to manage resources and produce quality management information effectively.
- Ensure that field offices submit good quality on-time monthly summary accounts, including cash flow and other information as defined and send to stakeholders, including the Finance Director
- Champion accuracy in coding and assist managers in becoming effective budget holders
- Manage and monitor the work of Senior finance coordinators, mentoring and providing guidance.
- Identify capacity gaps and training needs at Area Offices and Field Office and facilitate provision of relevant trainings to staff at field level in financial and budget management as necessary
- Create a high performing finance team by:
- Good recruitment and induction practices
- Ensuring good skill needs identification and corresponding training
- Specific development plans for each team member
- Measuring performance though metrics and feedback
- Regular team meeting and mentoring
- Motivate and inspire the team
- Contribute in the preparation and implementation of strategic and annual plans of the Finance Department
- Prepare monthly reports for each Area Office with agreed score card and performance measures
- Facilitate and support in the conduct of various audits and closure of audit findings
- Support Area Offices and Field offices in the preparation and closure of year-end accounts
- Assess capacity and propose online access to Agresso FMS for off-line field offices
- Facilitate temporary capacity gaps in key Finance roles at Area Offices and Field Offices
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree from recognized University in Accounting or Finance.
- Work Experience a minimum of 8 years, out of which 5 years’ experience directly related to financial management
- Demonstrate experience managing large-scale operational and procedural change from proposal to execution and will ideally offer a track record in overseeing a successful new system and processes implementation.
- Experience of statutory accounting management
- Experience in building capacity of local and international NGO of their financial management
- Evidence of working across a range of field offices with different range of portfolio and capacity to achieve significant change
- Experience of strategic financial planning and development
- Skills & abilities
- Excellent leadership & influencing skills with professional finance credibility
- Self-starter” capable of generating & delivering innovative solutions
- Generate and critically analyze business cases and other financial plans in relation to SCI objectives
- Effective management of staff at all levels in both Line and matrix structure
- Good proficiency with MS Office & range of software packages relating to financial management.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, preferred
- Teams, in the event of emergencies
- Commitment to Save the Children values
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Jijiga Somali Region, Ethiopia. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using the