Stichting Wageningen Research (SWR) is an international NGO registered in Ethiopia since March 2021 with the FDRE Agency for Civil Society Organizations. The organization is established with the objectives of promoting a more resilient, inclusive and sustainable food systems in Ethiopia. One of the projects implemented by SWR is Resilient Agriculture for Inclusive and Sustainable Ethiopian Food Systems (RAISE FS).
RAISE FS project is a four year research for development program with a mission to leverage transformation in Ethiopian food systems covering the continuum from food insecure to the better –endowed households and regions in effort of realizing production surpluses, commodity commercialization, and food and nutritional security in a sustainable manner. The project will be implemented in partnership with the Federal MoA, regional BoA, Agricultural Research Institutes and universities.
We are looking for an expert in gender and social inclusion (gender/youth) for a programme on Resilient Agriculture for Inclusive and Sustainable food systems (RAISE-FS). The candidate should have a good network in the agricultural/food system/sustainable development domain and knowledge of integrating gender and social inclusion in such programmes. S/he will be part of a programme team that works with multiple partners in the food system domain including Agricultural Research Institutes and Universities.
- Responsible for guiding activities on gender and social inclusion both at federal as well as regional level;
- Produce briefs, reports, guides etc. on gender and social inclusion to support the implementation of the programme, capture its progress and strengthen the positioning of the programme;
- Extract lessons for the whole programme covering the three food system domains (food insecure, high potential, and commercial oriented);
- Co-design the project strategy and methodology on gender equality and social inclusion in food system changes;
- Oversee, guide and support the implementation of the strategy;
- Support and oversee the implementation of the project component on social and economic empowerment of women and youth and other vulnerable groups;
- Guide and support the integration of gender responsive and gender transformative approaches in other project components;
- Responsible for overseeing and supporting the activities in relation to social inclusion in the programme regions;
- Document demonstrated evidences of innovations in areas of gender and social Inclusion and facilitate their scaling up through engagement with relevant stakeholders including policy makers.
What we offer
Depending on candidate’s education and work experience, we offer a competitive salary as per the organization scale which is negotiable within the range of the salary scale assigned for the position. We also offer other benefit packages as per the internal HR manual.
Project: Resilient Agriculture for Inclusive and Sustainable Ethiopian food systems (RAISE-FS)
Duration: Four years, subject to annual renewal based on performance
Reports to: RAISE-FS Project Manager
The kind of person we are looking for
A gender and social inclusion expert with a proven track record in the agricultural and/or sustainable development sector. Good understanding of recent developments such as the concept of a living income, setting the youth agenda and diversity are expected to be part of what the advisor brings to the programme. We seek a results-oriented expert with a strong vision on gender and social inclusion in agriculture and/or food systems, who can collaborate effectively in an international team with sensitivity for cultural differences in the regions.
Education, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- MSc/MA in gender or related field of specialization
- Minimum experience of 7 years in gender equality and social inclusion expert working in agricultural research for development organizations/projects
- Experience with both gender equality and the empowerment of women and youth
- Experience with participatory approaches is a strong asset
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Amharic
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to apply by sending a motivation letter with updated CV by email at info.SWREthiopia@gmail.com within 10 working days starting from the date of announcement. Please include the position title of the application in the subject line.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!