Company: Plan International
Location: Country Office, Ethiopia
Type of Role: Admin intern
Reports to: Administration Coordinator
Closing Date: 04 November 2021
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The purpose of the role is to provide administrative and reception assistance to Supply Chain and Administration team in county office.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
The position holder is responsible for assisting the supply chain and Admin unit in the areas of
1. Provide administration support to Admin team (50%)
• Assisting the Admin team in administrative tasks;
• Support the Admin team in filing and recording keeping of documents.
• Support the Admin team members in coordinating the submission of monthly timesheet specially for non-clerical staffs & leave balance of non-clerical staffs.
• Processing the air time allocation of the Supply Chain and Admin department, Request the PR as well as distribute to each staff.
• Support the Admin team in raising PR in related to cleaning and refreshment items, make it follow up until delivery.
• Support the Supply Chain and Admin department team members in printing, scanning and copying documents.
• Ensuring that the necessary office supplies are available and making sure that all materials are available in stock and issue, distribute and raise purchase request when it is out of stock.
• Create a physical and virtual (scanned copies) of all approved or signed agreements, minutes, directives, polices, guidelines, formats and templates. Prepare of centralized database of all active contractual agreements by gathering data from all stakeholders.
2. Provide payment settlement support (25%)
• Assist in the preparation of different payments, contractual (lease) agreements, and other correspondences as well as support in facilitation of payment request for internal and external stakeholders.
• Assist in the logistic management and set up of the internal meeting rooms when needed, check the stock of workshop and moderation material all the time.
3. Cover the Reception Desk in the absence of Admin Officer (25%)
• In the absence of Admin Officer, cover the reception desk which is follows up on urgent tasks and issues on behalf, ensuring that relevant duties and responsibilities regarding air ticket booking, hotel accommodation and other requests are completed without delay.
4. Other tasks can be assigned by the supervisors as required
• Undertakes any other assignment as advised by the immediate supervisor and head of the department
• B.A Degree in Administrative Services Management and related fields.
• O -1 Year relevant work experience required.
• A newly graduate with bachelor’s degree in relevant field and .
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (phone, fax, e-mail, internet).
• Verifiable skills using packages such as MS Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
• Ability to draft official letters and presentations in a speedy and correct way in English.
• Excellent communication skills in English and Amharic language are mandatory.
• Trustworthiness and ability to maintaining strict confidentiality and observing data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
• Ability to organize and prioritize several tasks at the same time working in a dynamic environment.
• 2019-2021 Graduates are eligible
• B.A Degree in Administrative Services Management & related fields
• O -1 Year relevant work experience required.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• MS-Office Package
• 2019-2020 Graduates are eligible
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.