Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Admin/Finance Assistant Position in Afar region, Ethiopia.
– In coordination with field teams, schedule the collection of weekly attendance sheets and both for staff and daily worker
– Cross check all Admin and Finance documentation and ensure that all documents are in line with ACTED compliance procedures
– Prepare payment sheets and pre-count each beneficiaries payment to be made after coordination with Project team;
– Schedule, set up, and execute beneficiary payments with close coordination with project team and logistics and security department
– Ensure that the cash safe has enough cash and denominations for each payment in conjunction with the finance department at capital office;
– Prepare payment vouchers and keeping the cash book up to date;
– Ensure all Cash IN/Cash out are fully supported with required FLAT documents and justification;
– Check that no supportive documentation or signature are missing before releasing any payment
– Fill in Vouchers on a regular basis and ensure registration of vouchers in the cashbook
– Proceed with payments for all items and services approved by the Area coordinator
– Check the Safe & Cashbook at the end of each day and ensure that the balance matches with the Cash Books
– Deal with Money Exchange, change money for the cashbooks whenever needed and register it
– At the end of each month, check that the balance in the safe and the bank accounts are in line with the cash and bank books, release the cash checking statement and bank reconciliation with the area coordinator
– Check vouchers quality on a regular basis
– Check Cashbook & SAGA before closing the accountancy for the month
– Ensure all advances are cleared for the staff, before paying the salary
– Prepare Cash Request on monthly basis and share with capital office; track with capital office and bank the transfer of cash to ACTED field office bank account;
o Draft, circulate and follow up on the following documents:
o All administrative letters
o Internal notes, regulations, memos etc;
o Official letters/documents concerning issues with governmental offices, NGOs and other stakeholders.
o Follow up on all legal issues, in coordination with Capital Administration.
o Ensure the compliance of ACTED’s procedures with the legal requirements of the country and ACTED management, notably regarding local procedures and regulations;
o Management of ACTED’s premises; including the management of the lease (renewal of rental contract; etc.), the communication with the landlords, follow up of related taxation’s regulations, organisation of the premises (office and guesthouse accommodation).
o Maintain and check the Administrative filling system; which include the filling of all administrative documents (including but not limited to the premises folder, memo folder, legal folder…).
o Update the authorized signatory table for the field office on a monthly basis and send this to the capital office;
Human Resources Management
o In close coordination with HR department at capital communicate and Inform the staff on the public holidays in a timely manner.
o Control, check and communicate the attendance of the field staff. This shall include collecting and reviewing the attendance sheets, circulating this to Capital Office, following up on leave requests and communicating with Area Coordination on a regular basis.
o Inform Area Coordination and Admin/HR Manager of any observed breach of ACTED regulations that could lead to disciplinary actions as per ACTED HR Manual;
o Follow up on staff leaves – supervise his/her team to provide necessary forms for staff, if needed and closely follow up the leave balance of each staff, sharing staff leave balances on regular basis.
o Prepare and update projects specific organigrams on a monthly basis;
o Ensure the use of ACTED HR standard templates, in line with ACTED HR Manual/internal regulations
o Monthly reporting to the capital office; notably in terms of attendance and contract follow up, so as to ensure an efficient payroll system, Warning letter sheet.
In coordination with Capital HR department:
o Prepare advertisements of vacancies for national staff and follow up on the recruitment process, as per the recruitment plan;
o Ensure the collection of all required documents of applicants, as indicated in the ACTED HR Regulation;
o Follow up on the short listing of the candidates by the recruitment committee and organise the interview/test.
o Ensure contacting the candidate’s references (“Reference Check”) prior to offering the position;
o Collect all information required for personal folder (ID card, photos, “recruitment package” etc.),
o Prepare the contract in line with ACTED’s templates and follow up on any renewal, amendment, resignation or termination.
The Finance/Admin Assistant shall be in charge of ensuring that there is an accurate and efficient filling system, in line with ACTED’s requirements; in hard and soft copy. H/She shall also be in charge of ensuring that the documentation flow between base and Capital office is properly conducted.
In this regard, H/She shall put in place accurate folders (recruitment, CVs, memos…) notably personal folders as follows:
§ Create personal folders for area national staff at the first day of their employment;
§ Ensure confidentiality of personal folders;
§ Ensure a follow-up/update of the personal folders from bases and capital on 1st week of N+ month.
· Degree/Higher Diploma preferably in Business Administration or related field and two years experience in working with International NGOs in the similar level.
· Motivated and create in approaches to work.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relationships
· Excellent communication skills, personable and articulate
· Fluent in written and spoken Afaraf and English.
- Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- Computer literate and with good ITC Knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience in overall responsibility and accountability for the logistical and administration management of an organization;
- Good public Relations with strong negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 28th October 2021 with the subject line “Admin/Finance Assistant – Afar, Ethiopia”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.