TESFA Social and Development Association /TSDA/ is Local Civil Society Organization established in 2000. It engages on poverty Alleviation, Health and HIV/AIDS Reduction. The organization would like to employ qualified and enthusiastic Accountant. The post holder will be responsible to successfully lead all the financial activity of the organization and to prepare donor standard financial report.
Major Duties & Responsibility
- Set up chart of account for new project if necessary
- Compile monthly With Holding Tax payable to the tax authority. Follow up and supervise prompt settlement of the same.
- Check account balance on monthly base and make necessary correction as the need arise.
- Prepare Bank reconciliation statements on monthly bases. Follow up the statues of outstanding balance on the bank statement.
- Prepare financial statement (Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash flow statement, Retained Earning) quarterly, bi-annually and annual base.
- Prepare and submit financial report for different donors on monthly, quarterly and annual base.
- Follow up and make sure that the project finance properly and on time utilized
- Participate in recruiting and training on volunteers
- Prepare/Develop annual budget for each project and over all the organization
- Preparation of monthly budget forecast, advance requests and annual budgets
Sex : Both
Required No : One
Place of Work : Debre Markos Branch Office
Term of Employment : One Year with high possibility of extension based on performance
- BA in Accounting and Finance
- 3 Years and above NGO work experience in a Similar Position
- Experience on USAID/CVC projects is advantageous
Abilities & Skills
- Well Trained in Peachtree Accounting
- Well Trained in IPSAS /International Public Sector Accounting Standard/
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal skill
- Ability to work Independently
Language & Proficiency
- Good Command of Spoken and written English and Amharic Languages
How to Apply
Interested applicant who fulfill the aforementioned minimum requirements are invited to submit their application letter and non – returnable CV with supporting credentials in person at the head office of Tesfa Social and Development Association, Addis Ababa-Addis Ketema Sub City Woreda 10, Atena Tera- behind Tele, House No 209 and Debre Markos branch office, near Amba Mariam Church, Or you can apply through the organization’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org or by P.O.Box 243/1022, Tesfa Social and Development Association, Addis Ababa.
For more information you can call to 09 10 11 21 07or 09 02 45 45 45