Deadline: Aug 30, 2022
Ethiopian Media Women Association (EMWA) is a non-partisan, non-profit professional association established in 1999 to promote women’s rights through and in the media. Since its establishment in 1999, EMWA has been engaged in advancing professional freedom, excellence, and ethical conduct among women journalists and media practitioners. Currently, it has over 100 members, from all fields of media and communication: private and government media, NGOs, international organizations, communication agencies, and professional individual women media practitioners. EMWA has members in all the regions and cities’ administration but liaising committees in Amhara, Oromia, Dire Dawa, Harar, Somali, and SNNPR. The association re-registered in 2019 after the new law on civil society organizations passed.
EMWA is looking for potential applicants for the following positions
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the relevant administrative and accounting processes are in place and are adhered to EMWA policies and procedures. The Accountant/Admin will be appointed to facilitate and provide administrative support to Ethiopia Media Women Association. The position holder will be responsible for liaison EMWA and its office with government and implementing partners, stakeholders, and members. The Accountant/Admin will effectively and efficiently execute the day-to-day activities of EWMA.
The Accountant/Admin, therefore, plays a key role in
- Book Keeping of the financial data
- Planning activities and tracking budget and expenses
- Pays bills and necessary government taxes
- Regularly communicates to and updates the Executive Board of EMWA on the financial flow and budget-related issues
- Maintaining a conducive office environment including responding to calls and emails
- Prepare & process bank transfer & CPO base payments.
- Control and follow-ups retention account balances.
- Perform reconciliation of checks, bank transfers & CPO payments with bank statements on daily basis.
- Make sure that all payment vouchers and withholding tax transactions are recorded and posted on the system.
- Responsible to check pad documents hand availability and raising PR for printing orders.
Contract duration: One year with possible extension
- BA Degree in Accounting, Accounting & Finance or relevant field study with a minimum of 3 years experience in payment processing.
- Knowledge in financial accounting, administration, and donor/project contract management, preferably with an NGO in a similar capacity
- Strong background and work experience.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in excel, word, outlook, and access.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Team player and flexible.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status